Kani saw an opportunity to start a coding boot camp in Japan and he made it happen with Code Chrysalis. He quit his stable job in San Francisco, moved the entire family to Japan, and got to work on making it happen. Enjooooy.
[Find a Job: JobsinJapan.com]
[Leave a Review (You Rock): iTunes]
- 02:45 – Intro – What Kani Does in Japan
- 07:11 – What exactly is a coding bootcamp?
- 08:10 – “We try to make you feel comfortable being uncomfortable”
- 09:25 – First steps after coming up with the idea of starting a coding bootcamp in Japan
- 14:05 – How did you handle your visa and that side of things to get a business started?
- 18:55 – What are “soft skills”?
- 22:25 – How long would it take someone to go from zero to having a coding job?
- 33:00 – What was it like losing the safety of your old job and starting this new venture?
Every episode of the podcast is available on iTunes, Android, and Stitcher. Make sure to subscribe to the show so that you don’t miss out on any new episodes as they’re released. All ratings and reviews are also greatly appreciated.
Thanks for listening!