Rafael stopped by this week to regale us with his tale of multiple jobs in Japan, both teaching and non-teaching, and eventually deciding Japan wasn’t the best place to continue his career. Who says you can’t go home? Enjoy!
(Bonus props to Rafael for creating the vintage Japan-esque header image.)
[Find a Job: JobsinJapan.com]
[Leave a Review (You Rock): iTunes]
- 02:20 – Intro
- 06:00 – How did you get a scholarship to study in Japan? What was it like?
- 10:13 – I think being a ski-lift attendant would be a sweet job, but what was your experience like?
- 13:35 – Rafael gets accepted to the JET Program
- 20:27 – What he thought of JET and his next career move
- 27:00 – Rafael’s first non-teaching job and how he got it
- 34:20 – Why Rafael decided to leave Japan
- 43:25 – Final Advice
Every episode of the podcast is available on iTunes, Android, and Stitcher. Make sure to subscribe to the show so that you don’t miss out on any new episodes as they’re released. All ratings and reviews are also greatly appreciated.
Thanks for listening!