Kurabuchi English Village is looking for hard-working, motivated individuals to come work in a diverse environment in Takasaki, Gunma. Kurabuchi English Village (KEV) offers English immersion by mentoring elementary and junior high school students by instructing about a variety of subjects in English such as: farming, hiking, outdoor activities, and international culture. KEV offers a truly unique English learning experience. Come join our team and experience a different side of Japan!
Position: English Immersion Mentor
Facility: Kurabuchi English Village
Location: Kurabuchi, Gunma, Japan
Current Opening: Immediate opening with flexible start dates
Mentoring and instructing kids from different parts of Japan in a multicultural environment. With a focus on improving kid’s English learning through a variety of different activities including culture days, hiking, camping, and other outdoor adventures.
– Must have graduated from and obtained a university diploma from an accredited university
– Must currently live in Japan
– Must speak English at a native level
– Must currently possess a valid visa with work permission (sponsorship for renewing is available after hiring)
– Be able to create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn
– Help develop and create a curriculum that provides multiple points of entry for children and encourages their social and emotional growth.
– Be available to work on weekends
– Experience teaching and mentoring children in and outside of the classroom
– Someone who is active, healthy, and comfortable working outdoors
– Is positive, easy going, flexible, and motivated to work hard
– Understands and accepts cultural differences in the work environment
Candidates with the following attributes will be given top consideration:
– Has academic qualifications such as CELTA or TEFL certification
Mission and Core Values:
At KEV we teach our kids five important core values:
– Seize Opportunities
We provide visa sponsorship and renewal for candidates who have a degree from an accredited university.
Share Housing/ Housing Stipend:
We have rent-free shared housing available to employees (houses are separated by gender) or a partial living stipend is also available for those looking to rent on their own.
– Salaries range from 280,000 to 350,000 per month (years of relevant job experience and additional qualifications will determine starting salary)
– Commuting costs reimbursed
– 10 paid vacation days are given starting the first year of employment, with an additional day added for each contract year worked
– Summer Vacation: 3 days in August
New Year’s Vacation: December 31st-January 3rd
Spring Vacation: 3 days
– Health insurance subsidy
– Japanese language assistance is available for obtaining an apartment, purchasing a car, and other lifestyle-related support, if necessary
As kids live at KEV year-round, our shifts have to cover the many hours needed to spend with the kids to give them a proper immersive experience. Shifts range from 4 hours to 15 hours. In a 31-day month, you will work about 177 hours. You are guaranteed 9 days off in a month, but often receive up to 12 days off.
- Accept and screen applicants (July 3-July 24)
- Cover letter
- One letter of recommendation
- Skype Interviews, check references (July 27-July 30)
- Send invites to join KEV staff for a trial weekend (August 29-30, September 5-6, September 26-27)
- Travel (airfare available if traveling from Hokkaido or Okinawa), lodging, and meals will be reimbursed and covered by Kurabuchi English Village.
- Make official offer (Around the end of September)
Submit resume, cover letter, and recommendation to:
English Village: https://www.kurabuchi-eigomura.jp
About Gunma: https://www.visitgunma.jp/en/
Sorry, we couldn't find any results.
Please try different search terms.