Interac Group has opportunities in the Otsu, Moriyama and Hikone areas area of Shiga Prefecture starting in April 2017. This is your chance to join Interac Group in full-time positions in kindergarten, elementary and junior high schools as an ALT (assistant language teacher). Amout the LocationOtsu, Moriyama and Hikone are cities along the shores of Lake Biwa, Japan's largest lake (between Kyoto and Tokyo). Hikone is most famous for its castle, one of only four castles in Japan designated as national treasures. Additionally the city is admired year-round for its landscape and seasonal beauty. Moriyama is famous for its fire festival and fire flies, while Otsu is notable for a number of famous temples thanks to the proximity of Kyoto. You can get a peek at Otsu City in the video below (not produced by Interac).
About the Position
ALTs enrich the lives of children by sharing your knowledge of English, building communication skills, and sharing cultural insights. Your job would be two-fold: language instructor and cultural ambassador. These two aspects are inseparable, and Interac Group ALTs aim to become experts in both. Entrusted with being the English expert in the classroom, you could expect to teach on your own, with a Japanese teacher present to help manage the classroom.
Interac Group ALTs can expect to:
- Get your new job off on the right foot with an intensive (paid!) initial training and orientation session
- Work Mondays to Fridays with most weekends and holidays off
- Have scheduled teaching hours between 8 am and 5 pm
- Work occasional evenings or weekends for special school events
- Attend on-going skills development and training programs
- Become an important part of your school and local community
- Have the chance to take advantage of opportunities that will prepare you for potential advancement to positions like, head teacher, trainer, or even office staff.
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!