- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥290,000 / 月 (plus a completion bonus)
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 特に必要無し
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ No
We are looking for instructors who:
- are native English speakers
- have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- have experience teaching in the Japanese school system
- are already residing in the Kansai area
- have a current valid visa that permits work in Japan (preference for Instructor, Permanent Residence, Spouse or Child of Japanese National or Long-Term Residence status)
- can commit to the entire 2023/2024 school year (ending on March 17, 2024)
- can communicate to using at least basic-level Japanese (higher proficiency level preferred)
- can deliver a 10-min demonstration lesson at the interview
- are flexible, dynamic, mature and professional
- are responsive to constructive criticism
- are able to accept responsibility and work well with others
- are culturally sensitive and have excellent organizational and communication skills
- have good computer skills
- are able to operate both independently as well as with others.
Berlitz Japan has an openings for the position of English Instructor to teach at a private Junior High School in Nara for the 2023/2024 school year:
This is a Full Time contract that pays ¥290,000 per month for working 40 hours per week (including lunch break) plus a generous completion bonus paid at the end of the contract.
Fringe benefits include paid vacation, paid commutation costs, social insurance and more.
Actual classroom teaching time will average 16 ~ 20 classes (50-min) per week with remaining time spent planning lessons, attending meetings, participating in school activities and doing administrative work.
Please note this is NOT an ALT position.
Key Tasks and Activities:
- Fully implement classes in accordance with the English curriculum.
- Plan and deliver lessons that meet the needs of all students in the class.
- Keep accurate records of attendance and student progress.
- Participation in and planning of some club activities in the school.
- Participation in school events (e.g. school festivals, opening ceremony, Open School days)
- Monitor and assess own performance and take a proactive approach to professional development.
- Communicate and collaborate with other departmental teachers.
- Supplementary tasks such as helping with English essay corrections, events, sign-up courses.
- Help and support with other Berlitz work-related activities and classes (including English instruction)
Only domestic applications from those already residing in the Kansai area and available for in-person interviews will be considered.
Applications from outside Japan or the Kansai area will NOT be considered.
The deadline for applications is 6:00 pm, Monday October 23, 2023. Interviews will be held at our Abeno Tennoji LC in Osaka.