- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥265,000 - ¥265,000 / 月 (Contract Completion Bonus of ¥100,000)
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 特に必要無し
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
***IMPORTANT: APPLICATION PROCEDURE***
1. All applicants are required to write a cover letter.
2. All applicants will be asked to complete the automated pre-interview video on this website. This is a generic video that can be used to apply for other jobs as well, so we highly recommend completing this video. Applicants without a video will be invited to complete this pre-interview step.
3. Once the video has been completed, the next step will be an interview via Zoom.
4. Successful applicants will then be asked to visit the school to observe lessons and provide a demo lesson with actual students.
• Native-level English. No Japanese required though basic understanding a plus.
• Applicants currently living in or willing to move to the Osaka area.
• Visa that allows full time work. Sponsorship for visa type change is possible.
• Teaching experience with children of at least one year. Experience with kindergarten ages a plus.
• Energetic, creative, outgoing, and someone who enjoys working with children are all personality traits we look for when hiring.
• English teaching certification a plus.
Start date: April 2024 (March 2024 for training depending on availability)
Lifeway English has two locations: one in Izumiotsu, Osaka, and one near Sakai-higashi Station in Sakai, Osaka. Our school has been open since 2014 and have over 400 students, mostly age 12 and under, taking lessons each week. We currently have four native-level teachers, two Japanese full-time staff who both teach and manage the schools, and two part-time assistants.
We pride ourselves on providing quality lessons with a focus on phonics and reading. Our lessons use story based teaching where the kids become immersed in the world of the characters in order to make the language come to life in the classroom.
Low Staff Turnover:
We haven't had to hire many teachers over the years because of our low turnover. One reason for this is our western style of management that creates a friendly atmosphere for staff and allows freedom to try new things without daily over-the-shoulder micromanagement. While we provide a fully-developed curriculum, we also give ongoing training and opportunities for personal development.
We're expanding, come join us:
We're hiring because we're expanding and we need to add to our team so we can continue to grow. We are looking for a teacher to teach English to kindergarten through junior high school aged children. We hope to find a candidate who is looking for more than just a short-term job and wants to become part of a team who takes pride in providing quality lessons to their students.
Our full time teachers have around 25 lessons per week with two or three preparation hours each day. The days and hours are Tuesday to Friday, 1 pm to 9 pm, and Saturday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Most lessons are 50 minutes long with JHS/HS lessons being 75 minutes.
We currently have two locations, but this position will be at our Izumiotsu location. Our school is roughly a 10 minute walk from Izumiotsu stationon the Nankai-honsen.
Our English curriculum is fully developed and flashcards/materials are all provided. While we have full lesson plans from previous years available, we encourage teachers to use them as a jumping point to customize the lessons for their current students. We're also adding new types of lessons to our offerings so flexibility in teaching styles for different student ages and abilities is a big plus.
The starting salary is ¥265,000/month with raises available each year.
We will provide transportation costs up to ¥15,000 per month.
We start all candidates on a probationary and training period of one month, paid at full salary.
All our full-time staff is on the social health insurance and pension system (shakai-hoken).
We have several paid training days throughout the year where we have no lessons and work together as a team to increase our own abilities and share ideas. We also visit other English schools to learn about what they do and bring back new ideas. We hope anyone who works with us is interested in developing their own skills as a teacher while they're with us.
As an established school with a high student retention rate, we have a full curriculum with flashcard, materials, and lesson plans.
Teachers are provided with a desk, computer, and iPad to use for lessons. We have large classrooms with room to move, and each has a projector and a large whiteboard.
We have 6 weeks of paid holiday throughout the year including most public holidays.
As we continue to grow, we're looking for team members who can become managers and trainers for future staff so there is room to grow within our small company.