- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary 225,000-255,000 (Most teachers start around 240,000) 米ドル /月
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 基本的な会話レベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 海外
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
Keio Academy, a Japanese company based in Nakatsu-City, Oita Prefecture is seeking enthusiastic, English teachers with experience teaching young learners to work full time beginning in late March 2021. We are looking for people with positive personalities who enjoy teaching.
The hired teachers will teach English classes within our English school and/or at public schools in the local area. Teachers will have curriculum and teaching materials available but we hope that teachers will also bring in their own creativity with their activities, games, songs, crafts and lesson plans. There will also be opportunities to collaborate on lesson planning with 14 other foreign staff and also English speaking Japanese staff.
The hired teacher will work 5 days a week (Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday depending on the position) for a total of 40 working hours per week. There is a maximum of 26.5 classroom-teaching hours and the remaining time is for office work, meetings, teacher training and lesson planning. This position also involves participating in and helping to plan the various yearly events our company holds (Christmas presentation, English summer camp, spring carnival, field trips and international parties).
The job is never boring and many of our teachers made lasting bonds with their students, co-workers and the local community. We have several teachers who have been with the company for 10+ years.
Nakatsu City is castle town in northern Kyushu. It has a population of about 80,000 people and a rich history. It is the childhood home of Yukichi Fukuzawa who is one of the founders of modern Japan (He is also on the 10,000yen bill). It is big enough to be convenient but small enough to retain its charm (and lower living costs). Home to many shrines, temples, teahouses and the yearly Gion festival that is a major attraction of the area. Nakatsu also boasts some very nice hiking trails, cycling paths and numerous hot springs. It is also very easy to get away for the weekend to a larger city like Kokura, Hakata or the hot springs resort town of Beppu. All of which are only a short distance away by train.
Keio Academy was founded in 1984 and is one of the oldest English schools in Kyushu. It is a well-known and respected institution in Nakatsu. There are now four Keio Academy schools in Kyushu. More information on the job and location can be found here
Also, please take a look at our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/KeioAcademy/ where you can find many photos of our school and staff. Additionally, we have a class information video which shows some of the things we do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpIbQcHYzw0
- Starting salary of between 225,000 – 255,000yen a month based on experience and skill. We want to be very straightforward about salary, so please look below to determine what a new hire can expect.
The base salary is 225,000 yen/month plus 5,000yen a month for each of the following that applies to you.
-From a country with English as the official language (USA, Canada, UK, NZ, Australia, Ireland) or can present proof of native-level proficiency through a test such as TOIEC.
-JLTP Level 4 or above (or 2 years of university level Japanese study)
-A Japanese driver’s license or the ability to legally drive in Japan with a valid international license.
-A Master’s degree or PHD in a related educational field
-2 or more years teaching experience
-TEFL/CELTA/TESOL certification (on-line courses must contain some classroom experience)
- Training and enrichment seminars throughout the year
- Opportunities for contract renewal and advancement
- 5 weeks of paid vacation (25 days plus the connected weekends) spread out throughout the year.
- Reimbursement for the cost of your airline ticket used to travel to Japan (up to 100,000yen).
- Visa sponsorship available
- Free access to a company car for required work travel.
- Keio will arrange a furnished apartment for the hired teachers and will pay part of the key money (a type of deposit). Rent is 47,000yen a month
- Matched payments for social insurance and pension
- A close knit group of teachers from around the world
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A native-level English speaker. English must be your first and primary language or a language you can demonstrate proficiency in.
- At least a bachelor’s degree from a college or university
- The strong desire to help Japanese students succeed at learning English
- Priority will be given to applicants with teaching licenses, teaching degrees or TESOL/CELTA/TEFL/ESL certification and/or experience teaching children. New teachers that are flexible and willing to learn are also very welcome to apply.
- This position requires the ability to drive in Japan and a Japanese or International driver’s license (a 1 year permit can be easily obtained in most countries if you have had a valid local license for at least 3 months).
- Japanese language ability is not required but a basic understanding is strongly recommended.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working for Keio Academy, please send us:
1. Your resume
2. A cover letter
3. A recent photo of yourself
Optionally you may send us any other photos, videos of you teaching or speaking (these are very helpful for us) or documents that let us know what kind of person/teacher you are.
Thank you for reading and we are looking forward to hearing from you.