- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary 250,000 日本円 /月
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 特に必要無し
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
Oshaberi Eikaiwa Kyoshitsu (OEK) – is an independent English Conversation school founded in 1987 .We are located between Tokyo and Nagoya, near the ocean and about 30 minutes from downtown Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture.
We consider ourselves lucky to live in this area as we have access to the ocean, rivers and mountains.
We have a great reputation as a language center and our staff of 7 like to think we make a difference. We are now one of the biggest private ESL school in Shizuoka.
“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – W. B. Yeats
– Working schedule is 40 hours, 5 days a week, from Tuesday to Saturday.
– A maximum of 25 contact lessons a week.
– Enjoys teaching all ages and English levels from mother and toddlers to advanced adults.
– There is a 12 month renewable contract with a rise in salary.
– A combination of early starts and afternoon starts.
– Six weeks paid vacation per year.
– Will sponsor a working visa
– Japanese is not essential
– furnished accommodation
We run English programs from mother and toddler and everything in-between through to advanced adults. Within each program small classes are divided into language levels. Each teacher has a variety of classes for the school year. We also have private lessons, teach at community centres and kindergartens.
Our students are our priority. We really want the best outcomes for them.
Our work at OEK
- CHILDREN ability to follow our curriculum while creating lessons tailored to best help the diverse range of your students; phonics, sight-words, reading and writing are skills we stream into our children’s classes. We have a great programs, good materials, and continued support and job training.
- ADULT classes are from beginners to advanced, with some students having been with us for over 20 years. Students have their set lesson times with the ability to make up lessons they are not able to attend. Being skilled in creating communication techniques that focus off the teacher and onto the students and their abilities and personalities is something we value.
As a team of teachers we have been creating our own programs, one of them being our fully resourced phonics program. We commenced this 10 years ago before it started to trend in Japan. We hope our new member of staff will also contribute in these endeavors to explore and expand in our roles as teachers and what can be possible in education. Everybody’s insights are valued.
We are a well-resourced school. Our 2 unique schools are located near each other and are are traditional Japanese houses. Teaching is floor based with low tables and cushions. This allows flexible use of classroom space so there is a need to be healthy and happy to sit and get up and down off the floor. If you have health problems with knees or back issues this job is not for you.
For a better understanding of our school please visit us on facebook or on our website – There is an English section though not up to date.
For a job description please email a brief letter of introduction, CV/resume, contact details of any referees and a recent informal photo. Our photos are on our webpage.
Applications from non-native speakers or incomplete responses from the above list will not be considered.
Please note only candidates who pass the initial screening process will be contacted. So to this we apologize that we are not able to respond to all applicants.