- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥260,000 - 450,000 (Based on 40% of revenue from classes taught) / Month Yearly bonus based on teaching revenue, Up to 10,000 yen monthly salary increase each year based on performance
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 日常会話レベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
Tired of teaching English in a dead-end job?
Apply for our Operations Manager Position and start a career with unlimited salary and personal growth potential.
Making a difference in the world, one child at a time.
The field of English education is rapidly evolving, and rather than simply keep up, Step by Step English strives to be a leader and innovator in teaching excellence. We pride ourselves on the high-quality English lessons we provide to over 200 students at three locations in Kagawa. In addition, our EFL/ESL resources (BINGOBONGO Learning) are used by over 40,000 educators and institutions around the world for two simple reasons: they are incredibly effective, and students love them.
Our team is made up of dedicated and passionate education professionals from a wide array of backgrounds. We not only encourage feedback and ideas from our team members in all aspects of our company, but we also reward it through a profit-sharing system. We also believe that the most effective way to be excellent educators is to be excellent learners ourselves and that continued personal and professional development is the key to running a successful company.
If you are constantly seeking to learn new things and set new goals in your personal and professional life, then come and join the team at Step by Step English to achieve new goals for both of us, starting with you.
This position is based in the following locations:
- 260,000-450,000 JPY/month (Salary is based on 40% of revenue from classes taught)
- Health insurance (National Health Insurance NHI)/Pension (National Pension System)
- 4 weeks of paid time off that starts accruing on day one
- Yearly performance-based bonus (after 1 year of employment)
- Up to 10,000 yen monthly salary increase each year based on performance
- Daily transportation costs fully reimbursed
- Relocation allowance
- Visa sponsorship possible
If you’ve ever thought of running an English school, this is the perfect chance for you. We’re looking for a highly-motivated person with excellent leadership and problem-solving skills to manage one or more of our schools in Takamatsu, Kagawa. If you’re passionate about teaching and want to earn 40% of the revenue from teaching, then apply for our Operations Manager Position.
The position will report to and work closely with the CEO and school director while communicating daily with the teaching staff and management staff to ensure smooth daily operations. The position will be responsible for quickly learning and using our teaching methods as well as helping to increase efficiency and efficacy of lesson planning procedures (classroom and online).
One of the main responsibilities of this position will be to teach energetic, high-quality lessons using our teaching methods and resources. This position will also be responsible for helping to improve the current curriculum and teaching resources, as well as plan marketing-related campaigns and events.
Additionally, our company creates, produces, and markets our own brand of EFL/ESL resources which are used globally. All Step by Step English team members actively participate in the development and marketing operations. This position will actively be involved as well.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the CEO and school director in providing operational oversight for schools in Takamatsu City
- Teaches energetic English lessons to students in small groups or one-on-one primarily ranging from 1 – 12 years old
- Coordinates events in our schools or at locations around the city to promote and market our English program
- Creates weekly lesson outlines using our dedicated lesson planning software to be used by the teaching and management staff
- Assists with development and marketing of textbooks and online resources
- Edits and provides ideas/feedback to improve blog posts, video scripts, and other marketing materials
- Communicates with potential and existing English-speaking customers and about inquires and curriculum support related to teaching resources
Future Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee HR related tasks including hiring and training new teachers
- Experience developing and implementing EFL/ESL curriculum for kids (physical, virtual, digital, or hybrid)
- 3+ years in EFL/ESL or related field, preferably within the private sector
- Friendly and passionate about teaching children
- Highly organized with strong and sustained attention to detail and high standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced technological skills (spreadsheets, database management, and willingness to learn new technologies for greater effectiveness and efficiency)
- Prior experience in event planning and management
- Preferences will be given to candidates with a conversational level of Japanese (N3 or higher)
- Native-level English fluency required
- Must currently reside in Japan