- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥270,000-290,000 / Month Dependent on experience and qualifications
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 日常会話レベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
1) English: Native level
2) Japanese: Conversational
3) Experience residing in Japan
4) BA/BS university degree
5) Valid Japanese driver’s license (a car is necessary)
6) Valid work visa (visa sponsorship available)
1) TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, or certified teacher qualifications
2) Experience living in rural Japan
3) Minimum two years of experience living in Japan
MY English School is seeking an ALT / English language instructor based in Yamagata Prefecture. Training would begin in March, with individual teaching to begin in April. The position involves teaching student-centered lessons to all ages and ability groups at a private language school as well as ALT teaching in public schools to elementary and/or junior high school students several days a week.
A MY instructor teaches English language to students of all ages, cooperates with other teachers and staff, actively participates in and seeks out professional development opportunities, helps at school events, and is a contributing member of a professional group of teachers with high standards for education.
MY English School currently has 8 locations in Yamagata prefecture. The position may require the instructor to move around between locations each day of the week. Transportation fees will be paid depending on the distance traveled on any given day.
Yamagata is one of Japan's most beautiful prefectures, blessed with mountains, great food, and wonderful people. Take a look at the video below to see why we think this is the best place to live and work in Japan.
A competitive monthly salary of 270,000 - 290,000 yen depending on experience and qualifications, as well as 15 flexible paid holidays. Starting teachers will participate in the National Health Insurance system, with a possibility of applying for Social Health Insurance and permanent employment upon completion of the first one-year contract. Japanese language assistance will be provided for setting up an apartment, purchasing a car, and other lifestyle-related support, if necessary.
MY English School succeeds as a company through the success of its teachers. In addition to the initial one-month training period, MY provides 7 whole-day full-staff training sessions throughout the year. All instructors receive group membership in JALT, as well as the opportunity to receive grants to attend teaching conferences throughout Japan.
As well as providing opportunities for instructors to develop as teachers, MY also strives to allow teachers to build skill sets outside of teaching. MY English School teachers are proud to see their contribution to the school’s growth through the completion of projects related to curriculum development, teacher training, hiring, and leadership.
Candidates must have a strong desire to improve themselves professionally. While instructors have considerable independence in the classroom, we have demanding expectations for quality teaching and teaching methods. You will be a contributing member of a strong and supportive community of teachers who care about being the best at what we do. You will also be in a position to help shape the development of a growing school. MY English School is exceptional in its ability to provide both strong professional and personal support to its teachers, which is why we boast an average yearly teacher retention rate of over 85%.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter, which should include answers to TWO of the following questions:
1) What do you feel is most important when teaching in an English language school setting? Give examples of possible challenges you will face and how you plan to overcome them.
2) What do you feel is most important when teaching in an ALT setting? Give examples of possible challenges you will face and how you plan to overcome them.
3) What teaching strategies are important when teaching a group of five to eight elementary school-aged students on a weekly basis? Give examples of how you would apply them in the classroom.
4) What have you done in order to develop yourself professionally throughout your career? What would you like to do in the future?
We have a rigorous interview and screening process, which includes in-person demo lessons for those who pass the interview stage.