- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥198,000 / 月 (Apartment and car are provided by UFO Academy)
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 基本的な会話レベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
- Native- or near-native-level English.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Basic Japanese proficiency preferred, but not required.
- Applicants from within Japan accepted.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Previous teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver`s license in home country.
- Enthusiasm for Japanese culture as well as desire to share your own culture with others.
UFO Academy is seeking a bright, motivated, and cheerful, native English speaker who enjoys teaching to join our great team from April, 2022! We have taught students of all ages and experience levels, in and around Sabae and Fukui cities, for more than 30 years. Our staff enjoys a varied schedule with weekends free (save for special events), housing and car provided, paid sick and vacation leave after 6 months as well as public holidays, and an incredible English- and Japanese-speaking support staff with many connections to the local community. We want you to bring and share your own culture and experiences with our students and staff!
Fukui Prefecture is located in the Chubu region in the west, on the Sea of Japan. This countryside prefecture was voted 'Happiest Prefecture in Japan' from 2016 to 2018, and consistently ranks in the top every year. It is a wonderful place to live and experience in any season, and features the world's oldest operating Buddhist temple in Eiheiji. UFO Academy's home city of Sabae is Japan's largest supplier of eyeglasses! If they're made in Japan, they're made in Sabae! Sabae is also home to or extremely near 5 separate specialized craft villages, so if you're looking to make, buy, or just interested in traditional lacquerware, Japanese paper, pottery, or bamboo dolls, Sabae is the place to be! Take a look at the video below showing off many of Fukui's great points
Our group of foreign-language teachers travel to local public elementary schools during the school year to teach 3rd through 6th grade English lessons as an ALT. They work with Japanese homeroom teachers to teach lessons from a prefecture-provided curriculum, but enjoy the freedom and creativity to create new and interesting teaching plans with the homeroom teachers when appropriate. Additionally, teachers will have a mixture of in-house and outside lessons ranging from preschool to adult conversation to business English classes. When teachers don`t have a class scheduled, they can use that free time as they choose!
Applicants must be native speakers of English, have at least a bachelor’s degree from a university, have a valid driver`s license in their home country, be willing to commit to a full contract until at least the end of March 2023, enjoy working with children and adults, be outgoing with students and teachers, taking initiative even in situations where English is not the main language, and be able to learn, take, and give advice when appropriate.
Please apply by January 31, 2022 for our position starting in April! We look forward to hearing from you!
- Apartment and car are provided by UFO Academy and their value is factored into teachers' take-home salary per month of roughly ￥198,000.
- Gasoline stipend monthly.
- Public holidays.
- Paid sick and vacation leave after 6 months.
- Visa sponsorship available.
- National healthcare insurance and pension.
- Paid summer, winter, and Golden Week holidays.
- Helpful support staff to help you navigate teaching, Japanese culture, and life in a foreign country.
- Your free time is your own!
34-12-1 Nakanocho, Sabae, Fukui 916-0033