- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥240,000 - ¥300,000 / 月 (performance-based bonus (starting in 2nd year), performance-based salary increase possible each year)
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 特に必要無し
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
- Friendly and passionate about teaching children (1 - 12 years old)
- Can work on Saturdays
- Professional and culturally sensitive with excellent communication skills
- Native-level English fluency required
- Currently living in Japan, have permission to work, and can attend an in-person interview in Takamatsu City, Kagawa Pref.
Making a difference in the world, one child at a time.
The field of English education is rapidly evolving, and rather than simply keep up, Step by Step English strives to be a leader and innovator in teaching excellence. We pride ourselves on the high-quality English lessons we provide to over 200 students at three locations in Kagawa. In addition, our EFL/ESL resources (BINGOBONGO Learning) are used by over 40,000 educators and institutions around the world for two simple reasons: they are incredibly effective, and students love them.
Our team is made up of dedicated and passionate education professionals from a wide array of backgrounds. We encourage all of our team members to give feedback and ideas in all aspects of our curriculum development process and lesson plans. We also believe that the most effective way to be excellent educators is to be excellent learners ourselves. This is why we encourage and promote continued personal and professional development for all of our team members.
If you are passionate about what you do and constantly strive to learn and grow, then come and join the team at Step by Step English to achieve new goals together, starting with yours.
The following locations are looking for full-time teachers:
- Shinkitamachi Classroom (Takamatsu City) – start April 2023 (starting earlier possible)
- Part-time positions also available (Takamatsu City/Mitoyo City) Find out more details here
Takamatsu is a laid-back, modern city off the beaten path in Kagawa Prefecture (Shikoku Island). It’s home to Japan’s famous Sanuki udon and borders the Seto Inland Sea, one of the New York Times top 52 places to visit in the world.
- 240,000-280,000 JPY/month (dependent on experience)
- April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024 contract (renewable)
- 35-hour work week (Tue. – Sat.)
- 8 weeks with No Lesson Days for curriculum development/professional development
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- Yearly performance-based bonus (starting second year)
- Yearly performance-based salary increase
- Health insurance: (National Health Insurance NHI)/Pension (National Pension System)
- Daily transportation costs fully reimbursed
- Relocation allowance
- Visa sponsorship possible
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about working with kids to teach fun and engaging English lessons using our original curriculum, methods, and digital resources. In addition to classroom lessons, the person in this position will also help create fun and entertaining video lessons for students to watch at home between lessons.
Step by Step English also creates, produces, and markets our own brand of EFL/ESL resources which are used globally under the brand BINGOBONGO Learning. All team members are given the opportunity to actively participate in the development, production, and marketing operations based on each team member’s skill sets and interests.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches energetic English lessons to students in small groups or one-on-one primarily ranging from 1 – 12 years old
- Records and reviews video lessons for students to use at home
- Assists with development and marketing of textbooks and online resources
- Edits and provides ideas/feedback to improve blog posts, video scripts, and other marketing materials
Future Duties and Responsibilities
- This position has the potential to take on greater responsibilities in areas including school management, HR/training, marketing direction, and curriculum development in the future.
13-11 Shinkitamachi, Takamatsu, Kagawa 760-0001