- 採用企業タイプ 人材紹介・派遣・委託
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary Between 240,000 to 260,000 JPY 日本円 /月
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 日常会話レベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ Japan only
- ビザスポンサーシップ 条件により更新可能
Borderlink is currently seeking Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) for positions in Aisai, Aichi prefecture. These full-time positions start from April, and are an excellent opportunity to further your teaching career in a great city less than an hour from Nagoya. It’s perfect for those seeking a stable schedule and further experience in the classroom.
◊About the Position
ALTs work in public elementary and junior high schools, teaching alongside Japanese teachers. As an ALT, you become a part of your students’ lives as you help and guide them through an entirely new world that’s second nature to you- English. You’ll not only teach lessons, plan activities and make materials; you’ll make the language “real” by interacting with students throughout the day to help them actively apply what they learn in class. Ideal ALT candidates are flexible with their teaching style and want to make a positive impact on the lives of the students.
We’re looking for highly-motivated, outgoing, and professional individuals who can commit to the full academic year and see the contract through to the end. This not only benefits your schools and students, but also helps your fellow teachers in their own future prospects in the area you’re all based. Part of being an ALT is being a team player and supporting each other. You may feel that you carry a lot of responsibility at times, but know that you’re never alone and have a network of support looking out for you.
● Location: Aisai, Aichi
● Contract Period: April 2020 to March 2021
● Contract Type: Monthly (Full-Time)
● Level: elementary and/or junior high schools
● Working Hours: 8:00 to 16:30 (Less than 30 hours per week)
● Salary range: Between 240,000 to 260,000 yen/month
We provide initial training before you start and continuing training throughout the year. We also supply you with teaching materials and access to our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) With all these tools in your kit, you’ll be able to build onto what you’ve learned elsewhere to become a highly-valued and experienced teacher.
Other benefits include:
● Visa assistance (where applicable)
● Help with relocation & finding housing
● Round-the-clock support
● Work regular school hours, allowing you to enjoy your evenings
● Free weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods
● ALTs will also be provided a yearly calendar to help manage their other commitments
Please carefully read over all requirements below:
● Successful candidates for this position must have at least one (1) year of ALT experience OR a valid teaching certification (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/Teaching license)
● Must already be living in Japan with a valid visa permitting work (sorry, we cannot accept Tourist/Temporary visas)
● Conversational Japanese abilities, able to communicate with teachers
● University graduate with a bachelor’s degree or higher, and 12 years of education where the primary language was English
● Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
*Some positions in this area require driving, candidates with a Japanese or International Driver’s Licence will be given priority. License holders who do not own a vehicle can lease a company car from us.
◊About Aisai, Aichi
Aisai is located in the coastal flat lands of far western Aichi Prefecture, bordering Gifu Prefecture on the west. It’s the perfect change of pace if you’re looking to escape from the large crowds and high costs of the big city. It offers a laid-back, naturalistic suburban charm that still allows you to access Nagoya with ease. One can also easily make day trips to explore the cities around the Ise Bay from here. Aisai is a member of the World Health Organization’s Alliance for Healthy Cities, making it a great place to live and work. There’s plenty of local sites of interest such as shrines, parks and more. The local specialty, edible lotus root, is also a must-try. Aisai is a great city in a great location, and it’s just waiting for you!
Borderlink is well-known and respected among schools and boards of education. We provide a level of training and after-placement support unparalleled among ALT companies, including relocation assistance and visa sponsorship. Recently we’ve been expanding, and are looking to create a strong roster of ALTs across the country. We’re ready to believe in your possibility, and help you realize your potential as a teacher. Many in our management team began as ALTs or teachers themselves, and over the years accumulated the knowledge and skills to pass on to others. At Borderlink, there’s always room for growth, both as individuals and as a team.
◊Are You Ready? Apply Now!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week, and welcome applicants from all over Japan.
We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.