- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary 310,000 to 340,000 日本円 /月
- 英語レベル 流暢
- 日本語レベル 基本的な会話レベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
GPIUS is now hiring teachers for our Global Competence Program throughout Japan. In this role, you will apply your skills and knowledge of best teaching practices, such as PBL, student-centered learning, and digital learning platforms. You will work closely with GPIUS Global Education department to teach the GCP at our client schools.
The GPIUS Global Competence program is provided in person and virtually to junior high and senior high schools throughout Japan. The program is taught in English and guided by the following subject domains: Communication Skills, Intercultural Skills, Multilingual Skills, Emotional Intelligence, Thinking Strategies, and Global Action.
We are not a dispatch company. You will work directly for our company and represent our company at schools. ISA / GPIUS has a strong history of providing quality education programs and services to Japanese schools. We are committed to working long-term with our staff, and opportunities for upward movement are possible for the right person.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach GCP classes that adhere to GPIUS educational standards.
- 40 hrs a week – teaching, admin, and professional development (all teaching hours conducted during regular school hours – 10 to 15 classes per week)
- Provide instruction at one school or various schools and complete all duties associated with the role of an instructor (grading, homework, project and portfolio guidance).
- Grade and give feedback on student work in a timely manner.
- Facilitate online discussions and any other interactive components on digital learning platforms.
- Identify gaps between student needs and existing resources; work with teams to generate creative and effective resolutions.
- Meet regularly with Educational Specialist.
- Use Lesson Reporting Protocol to keep and communicate a record of lessons to the Educational Specialist.
- Participate in relevant steps of the School Onboarding Process as required.
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal and communication skills that enable successful internal and external cooperation in a variety of modes, including face-to-face meetings, phone calls, phone conferences, virtual meetings, and written communication.
- Be adaptable and highly professional in your dealings with students, school staff, and affiliates.
- BA/BS degree with 3+ years of teaching experience
- 1 year of teaching experience with Japanese junior high or high school students
- An excellent communicator with excellent interpersonal and client-facing skills
- Experience with using various digital applications in the classroom
- Willingness to relocate to Hiroshima, Kumamoto, and Tokyo region
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Japanese learner and how to help them maximize their learning experiences through skilled scaffolding and sound lesson plan development.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of blended learning and understand the unique possibilities involved in bringing digital learning opportunities to fruition.
- Ability to manage stress, strong teamwork, passionate, genuine, organized, internally motivated, service orientation, ability to reserve judgment, and respond with curiosity and compassion.
- Self-directed, proactive, problem-solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect with students with patience and compassion.
Start Date: March 2021
Please complete the application at the following link: