- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥250,000 ~ ¥280,000 日本円 /月 Contract Renewal Bonus
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 日常会話レベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ Japan only
- ビザスポンサーシップ 条件により更新可能
We are looking for an experienced, native-speaking English teacher to take up a full-time teaching position at our school, starting March /April 2020. Initial 1 year contract with a view to long-term employment.
We teach students from 1.5 years old (Parent & Child class) to mature adults.
- Native English Speaker
- Appropriate visa
- Be experienced at, and enjoy teaching children
- At least 3 years experience teaching all age groups in Japan
- Experience teaching phonics (eg. New Finding Out)
- Japanese language ability
- Teaching qualifications / University degree viewed favourably
¥250,000 ~ ¥280,000 per month
Contract Renewal Bonus
Mon ~ Fri
Weekends, paid holidays in Golden Week, Obon and over Christmas/New Year, as well as all National Holidays
Kindergarten-age and elementary school-age students make up the greater part of our student base and phonics (New Finding Out) is an important part of lessons. We welcome new ideas/techniques and are happy to try new things. We require an effective teacher who has solid experience teaching young children, and also enjoys teaching them. You also need to be competent teaching our other current class types including Parent & Child (1.5~3yrs), Junior High School English, Business English and Conversation classes for adults.
Apart from class preparation and teaching, other duties include minor admin tasks and basic cleaning, organising, etc. There will also be events, but only on 1 or 2 weekends during the year. You do need Japanese language ability for this job as you will need to liase with students and parents in Japanese on occasion, and will also need to comprehend basic written Japanese – tell us if you are not so confident and maybe we can work on it together. Our teachers here are very supportive and Japanese language teachers are available locally.
Our school has been operating for 16 years and employs one full-time teacher along with three part-time teachers. We are a small, stable and vibrant school with all our teachers having worked with us for many years. The full-time teacher enjoys a fair amount of independence and so we require a responsible, committed and conscientious person for this position. We teach both English and Chinese language and presently all English classes are taught on our premises in Harima Town, about a 30 min train ride (JR Line) west from central Kobe. The Sanyo Line station here is only a 3 min walk away, and the nearest JR station is a 25 min walk. More school details on our website: https://bluegum-eikaiwa-plus.jimdo.com/
- No classes Sat or Sun so those long weekends are all yours to enjoy
- One or two mornings are likely to be class-free
- Contract Renewal Bonus
- Prepping, etc will keep you busy but if workload allows, it’s alright to leave the building for short periods or use our kitchenette – 2hr lunches aren’t unheard of
- Paid holidays for Golden Week, Obon and over Christmas/New Year, as well as all National Holidays
- Kobe and Himeji are only about a 30min train ride on the JR line.
- The local area features large grassy parks, gyms, pool, walking/cycling trails, hiking trails, boat harbour, library and of course, fun local bars & restaurants. We will help you find comfortable, affordable accommodation if you choose to move into the area, which would be desirable.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to BG Manager at [email protected] and be sure to include the following 6 items in your resume:-
1. Current photo
2. Date of birth
4. Current visa status and expiry date
5. Teaching experience
6. Contact details of referees