- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- Salary 250,000 - 300,000 日本円 /月 starting salary commensurate with experience
- 英語レベル ビジネスレベル
- 日本語レベル ビジネスレベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 海外
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
White Rabbit Express makes buying from Japan as simple as possible. We understand the pain points overseas shoppers face when it comes to buying from Japan. We handle all of the logistical, backend details — communications, orders, payments, and shipping — so they don’t have to.
We’re building pioneering solutions to address Japan’s global e-commerce challenges—an ambitious endeavor for a team of seventeen. So we’re looking to bring someone smart onto our purchasing and user ops team to help us achieve our mission.
You’ll play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional customer-focused experiences. This will include a mix of purchasing, customer support, user operations, and relationship building. Internally, you’ll be an advocate for customer needs and work closely with engineering and product to push the customer experience forward.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Purchasing requested products from Japanese online shops and marketplaces (and bid on auctions) quickly and with impeccable attention to detail.
- Keeping customers in the loop regarding order status and following-up with vendors (in Japanese) to ensure positive outcomes
- Help get applications processed as quickly as possible
- Figure out internal tools and processes to make your job more efficient
- Create and sustain excellent relationships with the people we’re serving
- Work with engineering and product to squash bugs and improve the user experience
- Answer questions over chat, email, and telephone
- Teach customers how to use our product (hopefully, most of it is self-explanatory)
- Translate customer needs into prioritized product development
- Help build out the customer support and ops infrastructure at White Rabbit Express
You’ll need to understand how our product works in detail. White Rabbit Express is a complex operation with lots of moving pieces, so this is harder than it might seem. You’ll also need to be good with words and extremely competent.
You don’t necessarily need experience, but you should:
- Have a BA/BS or something you feel is equivalent
- Strong Japanese language skills, preferably N2 or above
- Consistently exercise great empathy in dealing with customers
- Communicate ideas clearly across teams
- Be comfortable learning about companies with complex, technical products
- Enjoy thinking about how to automate as much of your job as possible
- Have strong organizational skills
- Stay calm and collected while handling multiple, complex, time-sensitive responsibilities
- Apply creativity in dealing with difficult challenges
- Show kindness in the face of unpleasantness (our customers are generally really great, but they can get passionate when it comes to the things they want to buy)
- Previous startup experience a big plus
- And ideally, have a love for language
Why work for White Rabbit?
We’re shaking up Japan’s e-commerce industry, eliminating barriers and pain points, and filling a crucial missing piece between Japanese sellers and buyers around the world.
Global e-commerce is a big project; our operations are complex, and we have to deal with many challenges and constraints. But overcoming these challenges means we’ll have built something of lasting value.
Working on a lean, self-motivated team means autonomy, broad experience across projects, and seeing your contributions directly shape the product and impact users.
Lots of companies are competing with us (and copying us), so we try to think hard about how to build features and deliver a service that users love.
- Flexible hours
- Commuter benefits/bicycle allowance
- National Health Insurance
- Paid vacation days and national holidays
- 12-weeks parental leave
- Community kitchen
- Personal Development stipend
- Wellness allowance
- Fitness allowance
- Great equipment. We’ll purchase any additional software or hardware you need
- Open access to company metrics and financial information
- Free tea and coffee
Culture at White Rabbit
Continually looking for ways to grow professionally and personally. Question processes. Figure out a better way to do something.
Staying teachable, open-minded, and always looking out for the team. Treat everyone with respect. Leave egos at the door.
Go above and beyond to solve problems. Deliver amazing results to customers and coworkers. Take pride in crafting a product that will last. Avoid cutting corners. Invest in great things that make our lives better.
Making decisions with openness and trust throughout the whole company.
Minimize unnecessary meetings and management. Moving quickly in the right direction is more important than having a perfect plan.
Choosing to solve customer pain with everything we do. Ask yourself how the service can be better today than it was yesterday.
Check out our handbook to learn more!