- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary Between 220,000 yen to 250,000 yen 日本円 /月
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 基本的な会話レベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ Overseas applicants allowed
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
Please Note: For those living overseas there’s still time to secure a position starting from Spring 2020, but the window is closing soon. Please apply today!
Being an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) means getting to explore and see Japan in a completely different way! Our teachers work mainly in public elementary and junior high schools, teaching alongside Japanese teachers. To our students, we make English “real” and welcoming. It’s not just a job, but a life-changing experience, and an adventure like none other!
- Teach English in the classroom and beyond – share new perspectives and culture all day long!
- Build relationships with your students and fellow co-teachers, and get involved with your local community!
- Get to experience a side of Japanese culture that you normally wouldn’t as a tourist!
- Participate in school festivals, attend musical recitals, play outside with the students during recess – the list goes on and on!
Our yearly contracts are renewable on the basis that you are maintaining good relationships with both your schools and the office. We love to retain talent, so you can easily choose just how long you’d like to stay with us. There are even career growth opportunities for our veteran ALTs, such as becoming an area facilitator or joining our administrative team.
Additional benefits include:
- No teaching experience? No problem! We provide initial training, seasonal training, as well as on-the-job training, to ensure that you are ready and have all the tools necessary to succeed in the classroom.
- Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.)
- Support with obtaining & renewing a visa, setting up banking and locating housing.
- Round-the-clock support – We understand it’s not easy moving to and living in a new country, so we provide all of the assistance needed to live and work comfortably.
- Work regular school hours (usually between 8 AM to 5 PM) and enjoy free evenings, weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods.
- You can enjoy the work-life balance that lets you grow professionally, while also having the time to explore and enjoy Japan and its culture. And when it comes to the job, if you’re willing to learn and are open to new experiences, we can and want to help you! The schools and students we work with want the best, and we’ll make sure you are the best!
Being able to commit to the full academic year is essential – it takes time to foster relationships with fellow teachers and students, and we owe it to them to provide a stable and enjoyable learning environment.
Additionally, successful applicants should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (in any field)
- 12 years of education where the medium of instruction was English
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Being in good health
- Be an excellent team player
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we encourage you to apply, and take the first step into your next adventure today! Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. Let’s find your possibility together!
*Already in Japan? If you have a valid working visa, you’re welcome to apply! Part-time positions are also available! We have a few immediate-start positions available too! We welcome those who want to start now!