- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Salary ¥1500 ~ ¥2200 JPY / Lesson
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Must be of native level English proficiency (both spoken and written).
- Availability during peak hours of operation is highly desirable
- Japanese bank account required.
- CELTA, TEFL or TESOL certification valued.
- Must be comfortable using a computer.
- Non-teaching career progression opportunities available
Gaba is looking for new English instructors to start teaching in East Tokyo!
Set in the heart of Tokyo, our learning studios in the city’s eastern half are closely clustered and centrally located – being easily accessible from multiple stations and train lines. Given that this region is the home of corporate Japan, many of our learning studios are geared towards business professionals from a range of exciting companies and industries.
Our clients are motivated individuals that are often looking to take lessons in their free time – meaning the early mornings (07.00-09.15), evenings (17.30-21.55) and weekends (08.30-08.30) are times of high demand.
Successful candidates can expect to:
- Teach 1-to-1 lessons
- Teach primarily adults with the option to teach kids and corporate lessons
- Design your own teaching schedule, customizing your income
- Teach in a professional environment, Learning Studios (LS)
- Develop teaching skills and future career
General eligibility criteria:
- Must be of native level English proficiency (both spoken and written)
- Availability during hours of peak operation is highly desirable
- Must be comfortable using a computer
- CELTA, TEFL or TESOL certification highly valued
- Japanese bank account required
All successful applicants will be asked to attend 3 days of Initial Certification before starting to teach, which will be held from 10am – 7pm each day.