- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥2,000 / Hour
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Other Languages Native Japanese speakers are also welcome to apply who have a basic knowledge of English. Multi-lingual applicants are also welcome.
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
What are the MINIMUM job requirements and preferred qualifications
- Applicants must be fluent in English, conversational Japanese a plus
- Applicants should already reside withih Japan.
- Applicants should already hold a valid visa that allows them to work around 20 hours/week.
We are looking for part time teachers to work in the afternoons to help during our extension program. We are looking for teachers with experience working with children under the age of 5 and is at least 20 years old.
Applicants should be passionate, open minded, able to communicate and collaborate well with children and fellow teachers. As we are a very active school, we need teachers who have a lot of stamina. We are looking for teachers who aren't afraid to challenge the image of teaching and the image of children by respecting children's thoughts and abilities.
Afternoon position: 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Tokyo Children’s Garden is an innovative and forward-thinking international preschool in the heart of Tokyo. Reggio Emilia inspired with Japanese influences, we cater for children aged 1.5-6 in a beautiful and spacious setting. We are looking for teachers who have a passion for learning themselves, who are open minded and can think outside the box. If you are an someone who is up for a challenge, work well in a team, not afraid of hard work, then we are the school for you!
Hisao and Ann, the founders of the school, have more than 35 years of combined experience in the early years. Hisao is the director of the Association of International Early Childhood Education. Ann is on the board of the Tokyo Association of International preschools and provides PD for teachers in Tokyo and around Japan.
5 Chome-2-9 Minamiazabu, Minato City, Tokyo, Japan