- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥220,000 - ¥250,000 / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
What are the MINIMUM job requirements and preferred qualifications
- Native English speaker
- Applicants already residing in Japan are prefered but we are open to applications from outside of Japan
- Visa requirements: Must be a university graduate (four year course)
- Please include a resume with any relevent information, such as: education history, work history, licenses or certificates
- We are looking for someone with teaching experience. Previous experience working in English lanuage schools, teaching or coaching children is favorable.
- Located near the city center, Evergreen English School is the most established English school in Kochi (over 30 years).
- Evergreen has students of all ages, zero to retirement age with a wide variety of classes to suit our students needs.
- Currently, Evergreen has ten teachers from different backgrounds including: Japan, America, Canada, and Australia.
- Check out our reimagined adult students website and kids website!
About the position
- Evergreen English School is looking for an energetic team member. This full time teaching position will mainly be working with children with some additional adult classes.
- Our ideal candidate is a positive, motivated, responsible person who loves talking with kids.
- This position is Full Time at nine hours per day including one hour break. The starting and finishing time vary per day. You will be expected to teach up to 28 lessons per week. Some office work will be required between lessons.
- The core of your classes at Evergreen will be teaching using the PLS system from Pacific Language School. Training is provided to support the use of the materials, techniques and activities.
- You'll get to teach a variety of ages, from lively kindergarten lessons, to challenging elementary students to do their best, holding discussions with teens, as well as chatting with seniors. Our goal is to improve our students English communication skills whilst keeping lessons active and fun.
The salary is paid monthly. Our starting salary is ￥220,000, with overtime if 28 lessons per week exceeded. Your national health insurance payment will be covered. Use of a personal vehicle for work will be reimbursed (to an approved limit).
Accepted candidates will attend training seminars with Pacific Language School.
Kochi City is a great place to live. It's friendly, welcoming and warm, surrounded by beautiful nature. Our school is close to the center of the city.
The school is closed for major vacations: Golden Week, Obon and New Year, allowing for travel or time with your family.