- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥270,000 - ¥290,000 / Month (Dependent on experience and qualifications)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
1) English: Native level
2) Japanese: Conversational
3) Experience residing in Japan
4) BA/BS university degree
5) Valid Japanese driver’s license (a car is necessary)
6) Valid work visa (visa sponsorship available)
1) TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, or certified teacher qualifications
2) Experience living in rural Japan
3) Minimum two years of experience living in Japan
One of MY English School's valued teachers needs to resign for family reasons. While supporting them, we also need an ALT / English language instructor based in Yamagata Prefecture. Training will begin in November/December, with individual teaching to begin thereafter. The position involves teaching student-centered lessons to all ages and ability groups at a private language school as well as ALT teaching in public schools to elementary and/or junior high school students several days a week.
- A competitive monthly salary of 270,000 - 290,000 yen depending on experience and qualifications
- 15 flexible paid holidays
- Possibility of applying for permanent employment (正社員) upon completion of the first one-year contract
- Japanese language assistance will be provided for setting up an apartment, purchasing a car, and other lifestyle-related support, if necessary
- Initial training period as well as 10 whole-day full-staff training sessions throughout the year
- Group membership in JALT (Japan Association for Language Teaching) paid for by MY English School
- Opportunities to join development teams (such as curriculum development, professional development, and marketing)
Duties: A MY instructor teaches English language to students of all ages, cooperates with other teachers and staff, actively participates in and seeks out professional development opportunities, helps at school events, and is a contributing member of a professional group of teachers with high standards for education.
We expect: Candidates must have a strong desire to improve themselves professionally. While instructors have considerable independence in the classroom, we have demanding expectations for quality teaching and teaching methods. You will be a contributing member of a strong and supportive community of teachers who care about being the best at what we do. You will also be in a position to help shape the development of a growing school. MY English School is exceptional in its ability to provide both strong professional and personal support to its teachers, which is why we boast an average yearly teacher retention rate of over 85%.
Location: Yamagata is one of Japan's most beautiful prefectures, blessed with mountains, great food, and wonderful people. Take a look at the video below to see why we think this is the best place to live and work in Japan.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We have a rigorous interview and screening process, which includes in-person demo lessons for those who pass the interview stage.