- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 270000~300000 JPY / Month depends on experience and qualifications
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- English: native level
- Japanese: conversational
- Experience residing in Japan
- BA/BS university degree
- Valid work visa (visa sponsorship available)
- Love working with young children
1) TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, or certified teacher qualifications
2) Minimum two years of experience living in Japan
A competitive monthly salary of 270,000 – 290,000 yen depending on experience and qualifications, as well as 15 flexible paid holidays. Starting teachers will participate in the National Health Insurance system, with a possibility of applying for Social Health Insurance and permanent employment upon completion of the first one-year contract. Japanese language assistance will be provided for setting up an apartment, purchasing a car, and other lifestyle-related support, if necessary.
Discovery succeeds as a company through the success of its teachers. In addition to the initial one-month training period, Discovery provides 8 whole-day full-staff training sessions throughout the year.
As well as providing opportunities for instructors to develop as teachers, Discovery also strives to allow teachers to build skill sets outside of teaching. Discovery teachers are proud to see their contribution to the school’s growth through the completion of projects related to curriculum development, teacher training, hiring, and leadership.
We’re looking for teachers who have great PASSION for working with children, team players who also can independently allow their natural teaching talents to shine through on a daily basis. At Discovery, we offer a comfortable work environment, competitive salary, extensive benefits and an academic focused curriculum.
Not just an English teacher: a team-member to develop the school together. You will be teaching, but also have a lot of say in course structure, curriculum planning, teacher training.
- Full time employment. 5 working days out of Mon – Sat. Approximately 22 hours of class time + teaching-related preparation / office work.
- Teachers working at the kindergartens should spend some time with kids ( eg: lunch, play outside, etc) Duties
- Solo-teaching and ensuring safety of children
- Lesson reporting: short after-class reports to be written for every class
- School events: parties, summer camps, field trips – all the fun
- Classroom preparation: moving the tables and chairs around, cleaning up after, quick cleaning after the lessons.
- materials making & administrative duties: also including PC work, recording, cutting and laminating etc.
The position may require the instructor to move around between locations. Transportation fees will be fully paid.
Chiba prefecture is a beautiful and convenient prefecture to live in Japan, surrounded by beautiful beaches, luscious greenery, delicious food, and wonderful people, our school is only 20 minutes far from the centre of Tokyo.
– Our main School : Ichikawa city
– Ichikawa Gakuen kindergartens: Ichikawa city, Yachiyodai city, Inzai city.
– Other kindergartens : Ichihara city, Makuhari city, Chiba city.
Professional Development Sponsorship
- Sponsored membership to ETJ
- Sponsored event fee for external workshops
- Japanese language assistance will be provided for setting up an apartment, purchasing a car, and other lifestyle-related support, if necessary.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter at [email protected] or on jobsinjapan.com, explaining why you would like to develop a career as an English teacher for young learners. Please start your letter with “Aloha”
Please also indicate:
- Your visa type and expiry date
- when can you start working with us
- your Skype ID, days and times available for Skype chats
We have a rigorous interview and screening process, which includes in-person demo lessons for those who pass the interview stage.
We look forward to hearing from you!!