- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥280,000 ~ ¥330,000 JPY / Month negotiable depending on experience; ¥100,000 annual finishing bonus; health insurance; transportation; professional development support
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
Tokyo YMCA International School seeks a full-time, highly qualified and organized academic support teacher. Working hours are 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday-Friday. Position starts Mid-August, 2021.
This position assists students who require additional help academically. Academic support classes are organized in and outside the mainstream classroom with individual and groups of students. The support teacher collaborates with mainstream teachers to identify specific needs of students and track progress.
The primary goal of the program is to raise the academic level of students that allow full participation in the mainstream class curriculum without additional support. Salary depends on the level of experience.
Basic daily duties aside from student support include weekly lesson planning in collaboration with grade level teachers, committee work for annual events, organizing an after-school club activity and recess/lunch duties. Two annual camp events require attendance for a period of three days/two nights and four days/three nights.
The position includes support for professional development; health insurance; opportunities for extra seasonal work (summer/winter programs) and holiday breaks (winter, spring, summer and Japanese national holidays).
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- University degree
- ESL certification (highly preferred)
- Experience with language support
- Teaching experience required
- Teacher certification preferred
- Japanese resident or working visa, living in Tokyo
- University diploma required
Send resume to Principal Maxfield.