- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 250,000 - 270,000 JPY / Month Commute allowance and social insurance also provided
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- We are seeking teachers for our afterschool facilities that are:
- Native (or native level) English speakers
- Japanese proficiency is not a requirement but is appreciated
- Like and enjoy working with children
- Able to interact with children, parents/guardians, and other staff in a positive, friendly, and professional matter.
- Teaching experience (as a daycare provider, English teacher, online instructor, etc.) is a plus but not a requirement
- Applicants with no prior teaching experience will be provided with on-the-job training
- Experience in creating English language education curriculum is also a plus
Meiko Kids e is looking for energetic and proactive teachers to not only teach English language lessons but provide meaningful and active experiences with English through special activities, events, and everyday interactions. If you enjoy working with children and desire to be a part of their personal development as an English language speaker as well as global citizen, Meiko Kids e is the place for you!
We have 1 new location scheduled to open in December 2020 in Wakayama City, Wakayama Prefecture. This new position provides for an exciting opportunity to become part of a small startup team and learn a bit about what it takes to start a new business while brushing up your teaching skills.
About Meiko Kids e
Meiko Kids e is an afterschool care facility open to children ages 3 – 12. We aim to provide an immersive international environment where English is the main mode of communication. In addition to providing standard afterschool care services, we also provide optional courses for children to prepare for Eiken exams, learn a second foreign language, and even programming.
Why Meiko Kids e?
- Work with children of varying ages and skill levels in a fun and exciting environment
- Opportunities to assist in the everyday workings and management of your school, not just teaching English
- Regular work hours: 11:00 – 20:00 Monday thru Friday*
- Personal growth opportunities through regular feedback and workshops
- Career advancement opportunities within the company
- Bi-lingual HQ staff available to assist with everyday work and personal needs
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Contract type: 1-year contract (renewable)
- Compensation: 250,000 – 280,000 JPY/Month (May vary depending on experience, ability, and certifications)
- Work hours: 11:00 – 20:00 Monday thru Friday*
*Working hours and days may vary depending on location, season, and special events
- Plan and prepare 40-minute lessons for pre-school (ages 3-5) and elementary school (ages 6-12) children
- Work with school staff to provide a safe, fun, and immersive environment for the children
- Communicate with school management as well as with parents/guardians regarding child progress
- Plan and lead special activities and events
- All necessary materials will be provided by the school