- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary Between 220,000 to 260,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
About the Position
Borderlink is currently seeking Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) for positions in Kawanishi, Hyogo. These positions start November 2nd, and are an excellent opportunity to further your teaching career in a great area between Kobe and Osaka. It’s perfect for those seeking a stable schedule and further experience in the classroom. ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar which will help manage their other commitments.
As an ALT, you would be responsible for co-teaching with Japanese teachers, making activities and materials to facilitate English language instruction. You will also make the language “real” by interacting with students throughout the day to help them actively apply what they learn in class. The ideal candidate is flexible with their teaching style and wants to make a positive impact on the lives of the students.
● Location: Kawanishi City, Hyogo
● Contract Period: November 2nd to March 25th, 2021
● Contract Type: Monthly (Full-Time) and Daily (Part-Time)
● Level: Elementary and junior high schools
● Working Hours: Between 8:00 am to 16:15 pm
● Salary range: Between 220,000 to 260,000 yen (monthly rate) / between 11,500 to 13,500 (daily rate)
● This position includes enrollment in Social Insurance for Full-Time and National Insurance for Part-Time.
Successful candidate must:
● Already be living in Japan and hold a valid visa permitting work
● Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
● Be a native speaker of English or equivalent
● Have conversational level Japanese & able to communicate with teachers
● Have good communication skills and patience
● Be able to commit to the entire length of the contract (until March 2021)
We provide initial training before you start and continuing training throughout the year. We also supply you with teaching materials and access to our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) With all these tools in your kit, you’ll be able to build onto what you’ve learned elsewhere to become a highly-valued and experienced teacher.
Other benefits include:
● Visa assistance (where applicable)
● Help with relocation & finding housing
● Round-the-clock support
● Work regular school hours, allowing you to enjoy your evenings
● Free weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods
● ALTs will also be provided a yearly calendar to help manage their other commitments
A quiet bedroom community for those who work in Osaka and Kobe, Kawanishi gives one the best of both worlds, with an agricultural north and a more suburban south close to larger cities such as Itami and Takarazuka. The Nose Railway line runs vertically through the middle of the city, as does the Ina River. To the south, one can easily transfer to the JR and Hankyu Takarazuka lines to catch an express train right to Osaka. Local attractions include the Tada Shrine (one of the Three Genji Shrines), Inagawa Keikoku Prefectural Natural Park, Hitokura Dam, two castles, and more. It’s also the birthplace of Mitsuya Cider (complete with museum!) For those looking to live in close proximity to Osaka and Kobe while avoiding their higher housing costs, Kawanishi is an excellent place to live and work.
Other Positions Available
Looking to work a lighter schedule?
● Daily (part-time) positions in Kawanishi also available!
● Salary range of 11,500 to 13,500 yen /day
● These positions come with enrollment in National Insurance
Interested in working in a different part of Hyogo?
● Full-time positions Tatsuno City also available!
● Salary range of 230,000 to 280,000 yen /month
● These positions come with enrollment in Social Insurance
● These positions require driving, so applicants must hold a valid Japanese or International driver’s license (a company car can be leased from us if you do not currently own one).
If you are interested in either of the above, please let us know when applying!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week, and welcome applicants from all over Japan. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.