- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 230000-250000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Let’s make children love English together! Starting immediately, you can be a start of something amazing as Assistant Language Teachers (ALT) in Kokonoe Town, Oita Prefecture!
Must be able to drive or obtain International driver’s license due to remoteness. We can provide you with a rental car if needed!
Communicating in Japanese and enjoy being in countryside is essential!
The placement will be in elementary schools and junior high schools and in Kokonoe town, Oita Prefecture. where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by GLAD and the Board of Education. As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning the school, cultural festivals and help students for speech contest.
Immediate start – March 31st, 2021
Work hours: Monday through Friday (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
- Days off include weekends, national holidays, and other holidays set on the Board of Education’s school calendar
- Transportation costs will be covered at a certain rate per month (car and travel expenses included)
- Ongoing and continuous support (training and advice)
- English native speaker or have acquired an education in English for at least 12 years
- Holder of a university Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Holder of a valid visa status that allows work in Japan (renewal available)
- Holder of a Japanese driver’s license or international driving permit
- Able to speak conversational Japanese: communication is crucial for planning and creating lessons with Japanese teachers of English. We also highly suggest that teachers be able to be involved with the communities here.
Kokonoe (九重町, Kokonoe-machi) is a small town located in Oita Prefecture, Oita ,Kyushu Island, Japan. Kokonoe is located within the western part of Oita, with most of the area is covered within the Aso Kuju national park. Mount Kujo is located here with the Kusu River flowing through Kokonoe. Kokonoe is located in the western part of Oita prefecture, a nature-rich area of which the majority is covered in mountains, forest, and wilderness. It promotes its nine onsens, which are occasionally closed due to flooding; it is also the summer headquarters of Labo Camp Kuju, part of the LABO language program.
Kokonoe Yume Otsuribashi is one of the longest suspension bridges for pedestrians in Japan, its total length is 390 meters. It is located in the mountains of Oita Prefecture in Kyushu, Japan, and has already been visited by 11 million visitors so far.
In addition to our strong support system, here at NPO GLAD, we try to make living in Japan as easy and stress-free as possible so that you can enjoy your time here as much as you can.
We look forward to speaking with all of you! Apply right now!