- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary Between 245,000 to 260,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
About the Position
Borderlink is currently seeking Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) for positions in sunny Okayama City in Okayama prefecture. These positions start immediately and offer you a chance to further your teaching career in a great part of Japan. It’s perfect for those seeking a stable schedule and experience in the classroom. ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar which will help manage their other commitments.
As an ALT, you would be responsible for co-teaching with Japanese teachers, making activities and materials to facilitate English language instruction. You will also make the language “real” by interacting with students throughout the day to help them actively apply what they learn in class. The ideal candidate is flexible with their teaching style and wants to make a positive impact on the lives of the students.
● Location: Okayama City, Okayama
● Contract Period: Immediate to March 2021
● Contract Type: Monthly (Full-Time)
● Level: 2 to 3 Junior high schools
● Working Hours: 7 hours 45 minutes between 8:00 am to 18:00 pm (until 13:00 pm on Wednesdays)
● Salary range: Between 245,000 to 260,000 yen (monthly rate)
● This position includes enrollment in Social Insurance
Successful candidate must:
● Already be living in Japan and hold a valid visa permitting work
● Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
● Be a native speaker of English or equivalent
● Have conversational level Japanese & able to communicate with teachers
● Have good communication skills and patience
● Be able to commit to the entire length of the contract (until March 2021)
We provide initial training before you start and continuing training throughout the year. We also supply you with teaching materials and access to our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) With all these tools in your kit, you’ll be able to build onto what you’ve learned elsewhere to become a highly-valued and experienced teacher.
Other benefits include:
● Enrollment in Social Insurance (health insurance + pension)
● Borderlink, Inc. is able to assist with relocation expenses (excluding the cost of rent including initial fees)! If you’re able to relocate for this position, we can support you!
● Visa assistance (where applicable)
● Help with relocation & finding housing
● Round-the-clock support
● Work regular school hours, allowing you to enjoy your evenings
● Free weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods
● ALTs will also be provided a yearly calendar to help manage their other commitments
About Okayama City
Okayama is the capital of Okayama Prefecture, and the largest city in the Chugoku Region.
Okayama Prefecture has been known as the “Land of Sunshine”, because it has more sunny days and fewer rainy days than most other prefectures in Japan, making it a very convenient area to live, but also enjoyable for travelers.
Okayama’s most famous attraction is Korakuen Garden, which is ranked as one of the three best landscape gardens in all of Japan. Its beauty and atmosphere will bring you a relaxed feeling of peace and tranquility. The city is also famous for traditional Japanese dishes, or Washoku. From fresh fish to fresh vegetables, there any many choices for you to explore. The area is well-known for its fruits, particularly its peaches and grapes. Okayama has a famous parfait culture. Fresh fruit from the local area is farmed and used in creating the dishes.
Also notable in Okayama is the Momotaro Festival. This festival takes places for two days during the first weekend of August and is also Okayama City’s summer festival. There is a parade that takes place along main road from Momotaro Boulevard in front of JR Okayama Station to the area near Okayama Symphony Hall.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week, and welcome applicants from all over Japan. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.