- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥1500 ~ ¥2200 JPY / Lesson
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Must be of native level English proficiency (both spoken and written).
- Availability during peak hours of operation is highly desirable
- Japanese bank account required.
- CELTA, TEFL or TESOL certification valued.
- Must be comfortable using a computer.
- Non-teaching career progression opportunities available
Gaba is pleased to announce that we are looking for an English instructor to start teaching at our Yokohama learning studio!
Based in the exclusive Sky Building office tower, Gaba’s learning studio is located adjacent to Yokohama station, providing easy access from both JR and private rail companies.
As one of our flagship learning studios, Yokohama’s client base offers a strong core of business professionals as well as children, students and hobbyists.
We are looking for instructors who are interested in teaching in the early mornings, evenings or weekends.
Successful candidates can expect to:
- Teach 1-to-1 lessons
- Teach primarily adults with the option to teach kids and corporate lessons
- Design your own teaching schedule, customizing your income
- Work in a professional environment, Learning Studios (LS)
- Develop teaching skills and future career
General eligibility criteria:
- Must be of native level English proficiency (both spoken and written)
- Availability during hours of peak operation is highly desirable
- Must be comfortable using a computer
- CELTA, TEFL or TESOL certification highly valued
- Japanese bank account required
All successful applicants will be asked to attend 3 days of Initial Certification before starting to teach, which will be held from 10am – 7pm each day.