- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Other
- Salary 600,000 JPY / Month negotiable with commission
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Fluent
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
As a key member of the International Sales Team, the role holder will contribute to the achievement of the business plan by delivering sales and profitability targets in the defined territories. Responsible for achieving the budget goals of sales in South East Asia Markets, you are expected to develop the sales strategy and customer strategy for the region. With your sales & business development experience you will also need to create the short-term, mid-term and long-term sales strategies. Management of the existing account base and ability to research and onboard new customers in order to further develop new business opportunities.
- Day to day management of the Group’s brands within defined territories
- Manage the sales budget for defined territories
- Analyze and monitor the current global markets to identify and develop new sales opportunities
- Develop and drive international sales activity by considering the sales offer and evaluating potential in defined territory
- Actively contribute to the long-term vision and developing the international sales strategy
- Manage and develop successful relationships with distributors, direct retail and new channels
- Work with existing and new relationships to create & implement business market plan – monitor and review
- Follow up leads quickly and efficiently to secure business
- Work in line with the strategy of the organization across multiple brands for each specific product area
- Continually assess company progress through sales analysis and reporting at senior level
- Proactively develop constructive and effective solutions to any issues that slow down or hamper the international procedures and activities
- Conduct market research on country visits
- Adhere to country specific import legislation
- Involvement with, and organizing of, overseas exhibitions and trade shows. This will involve planned and often at short notice travel within Asia.
We are looking for a graduate with 8-10 years of solid Sales and Business Development experience in Kitchenware or Household categories. The candidate should be fluent in English both verbal and written and also possess excellent communication and Interpersonal skills. The candidate should be able to think strategically and be able to perform detailed planning to achieve the business objectives.
- A proven history of developing accounts in international markets using category management
- Demonstrable track record in delivering sales and profit growth
- Commercial sales experience within the Housewares industry is desirable
- Bachelors / Management Degree
- 8-10 years of Sales and Business Development experience in Kitchenware or Houseware categories in the APAC Market, such as
- Food Preparation: kitchenware, cutlery, bakeware, cookware, pantryware and entertaining;
- Tableware: flatware, dinnerware, glassware, tableware accessories, giftware and barware;
- Lifestyle: thermal mugs, travel bottles and related accessories.
- Good understanding of various Distribution channels in APAC/SEA.
- Strong knowledge of key distributors in Kitchenware/Houseware and related categories.
- Good established relationships preferred.
- Strong experience with Distributor management in related categories across different sales channels.
- Fluent in English and Japanese, other Asian languages desirable.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a desire for growth.
- Comfortable working independently and remotely yet enjoy working collaboratively too
- Should be able to translate the strategic direction into actionable plans and initiatives and to impact to achieve desired results
- Possess executive level presentation and communication skills
- Comfort level with learning new and using (communication) technology.
- Perseverance and Patience
- Excellent inter personal skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Office