- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 280,000 - 330,000 JPY / Month Negotiable depending on experience; ¥100,000 annual finishing bonus; health insurance; transportation; professional development support
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Tokyo YMCA International School seeks a full-time, highly qualified and organized middle school teacher. Working hours are 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday-Friday, including some Saturdays and two annual school camp trips. Pay rate depends on experience and education. Position starts mid-August, 2021.
Basic daily duties include teaching subject-specific content through an American-based curriculum, weekly lesson planning, committee work for annual events, organizing an after-school club activity and recess/lunch duties. Two annual camp events require attendance for a period of three days/two nights and four days/three nights.
The position includes support for professional development; health insurance; opportunities for extra seasonal work (summer/winter programs) and holiday breaks (winter, spring, summer and Japanese national holidays).
Located in east Tokyo on the Tozai Subway line. School is a 5-minute walk from Toyocho station.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Valid teaching certificate (secondary level)
- University diploma in language arts education
- Teaching experience required
- Native English ability
- Japanese resident or working visa
Send resume to Principal Maxfield.