- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 198,000 JPY / Month Apartment and shared company car are provided
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
UFO Academy is seeking a bright, motivated, and cheerful, native English speaker who enjoys teaching to join our great team from April, 2021! This position is open to those currently living in Japan. We have taught students of all ages and experience levels in Fukui prefecture for more than 30 years. Our staff enjoys a varied schedule with weekends free (save for special events), housing and a shared car provided, paid sick and vacation leave after 6 months as well as public holidays, and an incredible English- and Japanese-speaking support staff to help navigate life in Japan. We want you to bring and share your own culture and experiences with our students and staff!
Fukui Prefecture is located in the Chubu region in the west, on the Sea of Japan. This countryside prefecture was voted ‘Happiest Prefecture in Japan’ from 2016 to 2018, and consistently ranks in the top every year. It is a wonderful place to live and experience in any season, and features the world’s oldest operating Buddhist temple in Eiheiji. UFO Academy’s home city of Sabae is Japan’s largest supplier of eyeglasses! If they’re made in Japan, they’re made in Sabae! This position will be located in the seaside town of Takahama, close to Fukui’s famous 5 Lakes region, and a short drive from Kyoto and Osaka. Take a look at this video showing off many of Fukui’s great points: https://youtu.be/9vvYGefmAGE
This teaching position will work directly with 1 or 2 schools, teaching as an ALT with Japanese homeroom teachers and providing support for a range of children from kindergarten through 9th grade. You will work with Japanese homeroom teachers to teach lessons from a prefecture-provided curriculum, and enjoy the freedom and creativity to create new and interesting teaching plans with the homeroom teachers when appropriate.
Applicants must be native speakers of English currently living in Japan, have at least a bachelor’s degree from a university, have a valid driver’s license in their home country, be willing to commit to a full contract until at least the end of March 2022, enjoy working with children and adults, be outgoing with students and teachers, taking initiative even in situations where English is not the main language, and be able to learn, take, and give advice when appropriate.
Please apply by January 17, 2021 for our position starting in April! We look forward to hearing from you!
- Apartment and shared company car are provided by UFO Academy and their value is factored into teachers’ take-home salary per month of roughly ￥198,000.
- Gasoline stipend monthly.
- Public holidays.
- Paid sick and vacation leave after 6 months.
- National healthcare insurance and pension.
- Paid summer, winter, and Golden Week holidays.
- Helpful support staff to help you navigate teaching, Japanese culture, and life in a foreign country.
- Your free time is your own!
- Native-level English.
- Currently residing in Japan and willing to relocate.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Basic Japanese proficiency preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid visa (We will sponsor and assist extension or change to working visa)
- Previous teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license in home country or Japanese license.
- Enthusiasm for Japanese culture as well as desire to share your own culture with others.