- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 250,000-260,000 JPY / Month contract completion bonus
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Do you love teaching young learners? Are you a fun, dynamic professional who enjoys working in a multi-cultural, international environment? Do enjoy working in an enthusiastic, dedicated team?
Chimneys English School is looking for a creative, experienced, active teacher for a preschool homeroom teacher position, working with young learners aged from 2 – 6 yrs old. Only native English speaking candidates will be considered. Applicants should have a background in early childhood education and teaching experience in a school setting. Preference will be given to teachers currently in Japan with more than three years experience. Japanese language ability is not a requirement.
We are an immersive English School and early childcare center in Fukuoka. We use English as a medium to develop curious, inquisitive, lifelong learners who will become the global citizens of tomorrow. We encourage learning through play and exploration, while discovering the natural world around us. From growing and harvesting food to chasing insects and playing in the garden, we take full advantage of our natural environment. We link language learning whenever possible to the core learning skills and activities that deepen our students’ development and communicative abilities.
Are you more than just an English teacher? We are looking for passionate individuals to join our innovative, international team. Our curriculum is designed to encourage the children to learn about themselves and to explore the world around them. Our teachers are dedicated to providing the tools and environment for our students to inquire about, discover and interact with their surroundings.
As a homeroom teacher, you would working in an active team responsible for the daily learning and development of tomorrow’s global citizens. There are also opportunities to work with students of other ages in afternoon classes.
Are you ready to discover, play and learn with the children of tomorrow in a multi-cultural, global setting? Have you studied early childhood development? Do you have experience working with young children? We can provide an excellent opportunity for you.
- 250,000 – 260,000 yen per month (Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications)
- Monday to Friday
- 9:00 to 18:00 with an hour of breaktime
- Position begins in March, 2021
- Health Insurance
- Social Insurance
- Employment Insurance
- Transportation costs (5,000 yen per month)
- Contract completion bonus according to performance
- Continuing Professional Development opportunities
- Saturday and Sunday off (excepting occasional events: Sports Day, etc.)
- National/public holidays off
- Annual paid leave: 5 days + school holidays (4 weeks/2 weeks summer-2 weeks winter)
- Must be a native English speaker.
- Be sure to include a cover letter that includes why you are qualified and interested in this position.
- Preference given to current residence of Japan with experience, qualified overseas candidates will be considered, but must be able to arrive in Japan in by March, 2021 and possess a completed bachelors degree.
- Possessors of BA in Early Childhood Education are encouraged to apply.