- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary From JPY 1,300 up to 1,700 (Salary is dependent on instructor and lesson availability) JPY / Hour It is depending on experience and skills
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
Foundations International School in Tokyo is looking for a Part-time teacher.
We are looking for an enthusiastic qualified teacher /educator who is passionate about education and is willing and able to contribute to our new school and student life in a wide variety of ways. We will teach children aged 18 months up to 12 years old at our school through activities such as music, arts, craft, science and games in order to develop their imagination and create an engaging environment where they can have fun while learning English.
Essential teaching requirements include:
- Native English speaker or Fluent English speaker
- At least TWO years of teaching experience in Preschool (Age of 2- 3 years old) and Afternoon Class (Age of 3 – 6 years old).
- Familiarity with best practice methodologies as they apply to teaching a diverse student body as well as evidence of recent professional growth activities
- Having the ability to follow our lesson plans using the materials provided
- Comfortable contributing to and working in a team environment
- Must be active and energetic, and have enthusiasm in teaching children
- Professional and have excellent communication skills
- Punctual, responsible, flexible and reliable
- Currently residing in Japan with a valid working visa
After a school intern training, the teacher will be mainly working as an assistant or leading teacher in our preschool. This includes, circle time, phonics, crafts (no preparation needed), singing and dancing, going to the park or playing indoors, support the children during their lunch time, also taking the children to the bathroom. Depends on the skills and availability, the teacher will be also in charge for our 90min kinder afternoon lessons, following our original school curriculums.
Transportation fees (Max. JPY 10,000 per month)
From JPY 1,300 up to 1,700 per hour in class
Initial 100 hours: JPY 1,000 as training & probationary period
Work period: Negotiable -as soon as the right teacher can start
Working days: Tuesday & Thursday 9:45 am to 16:45 pm (One-hour lunch break included).
*Occasional Special Events held on Saturdays.
Heiwadai Nerima-ku, Tokyo 7-minute walk from Heiwadai station
References: Two references required.
Please apply with Resume, Photo and Cover letter on.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for this position.