- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 2.4 million yen - 2.7 million yen JPY / Year
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Do you have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any subject?
- Do you have a valid status of residence ‘visa’ and a valid residence card?
- Do you have 12 years of education in the medium of English in all classes?
- Are you a professional who is flexible, energetic, and a team player?
- Do you have a Japanese driver’s license and be willing to drive?
We want to hear from you!
Interac is looking for ALTs across Miyagi, Fukushima, and Yamagata.
If you are interested in working as an ALT, please make an application today.
We have positions available for a full-time position teaching in local high schools.
A complete orientation to Interac’s internal policies, salary system, benefits, and full details of the assignment will be provided once an offer of employment is made.
- Full salary every month
- Paid initial training
- The best training for your ALT journey
- Be a key member of your local school and community.
About us and the role
ALTs enrich the lives of children by sharing their knowledge of English, building communication skills, and sharing cultural insights. The job is rewarding as you will be directly promoting a cultural understanding and teaching English to Japan’s future generation! Your job would be two-fold: a language instructor and cultural ambassador. These two aspects are inseparable, and Interac ALTs aim to become experts in both. Your job is to be the English expert in the classroom, and you may be the main teacher, along with a Japanese teacher present to manage the class.
About Miyagi, Fukushima and Yamagata
The prefectures of Miyagi, Fukushima, and Yamagata are located in the Tohoku region of Japan, north of Tokyo. This region is famous for its mountains, nature, produce, and history, with the Date clan famous during the Genpei War and the ‘Warring States’ period.
Sendai is arguably the central city of this hub and is located within the middle of Miyagi prefecture. It is famous for its great food, good skiing, mild summers, favorite sake, and the date clan’s historic home. If you fancy yourself a Date Otoko (cool guy), you may want to check out placements in Sendai. Fukushima is famous for its apples, nature, and historical sites such as Aizu Wakamatsu. Finally, although small in population, Yamagata is renowned for its products, including ‘La France’ Pears. Interac’s community in Tohoku is full of healthy and friendly teachers. During a regular year, many ALTs will gather around Sendai to enjoy hanami and sip sake or beer while enjoying a picnic lunch on the weekends. It is common to see groups organize ski/snowboarding trips in Miyagi or the surrounding prefectures during winter. If you are a fan of a tight community or enjoy the solitude surrounded by nature, we would love to hear from you.
Start your application today and join Interac in Miyagi, Fukushima, or Yamagata.
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION TODAY! INTERAC: Enrich Your Career.