- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 2.4 million yen - 3.0 million yen JPY / Year
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Do you have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any subject?
- Do you have a valid status of residence ‘visa’ and a valid residence card?
- Do you have 12 years of education in the medium of English in all classes?
- Are you a professional who is flexible, energetic, and a team player?
- Do you have a Japanese driver’s license and be willing to drive?
We want to hear from you!
Interac is looking for ALTs across the Chugoku region and Shikoku!
If you are interested in working as an ALT, please make an application today.
We have positions available for a full-time position teaching in local high schools.
A complete orientation to Interac’s internal policies, salary system, benefits, and full details of the assignment will be provided once an offer of employment is made.
- Full salary every month
- Paid initial training
- The best training for your ALT journey
- Be a key member of your local school and community.
About us and the role
ALTs enrich the lives of children by sharing their knowledge of English, building communication skills, and sharing cultural insights. The job is rewarding as you will be directly promoting a cultural understanding and teaching English to Japan’s future generation! Your job would be two-fold: a language instructor and cultural ambassador. These two aspects are inseparable, and Interac ALTs aim to become experts in both. Your job is to be the English expert in the classroom, and you may be the main teacher, along with a Japanese teacher present to manage the class.
About Hiroshima, Chugoku and Shikoku
Hiroshima is the center of the Chugoku region, and the surrounding prefectures (Okayama, Shimane) as well as the island prefectures of Shikoku are managed from the Hiroshima office. With cool-mild winters and hot and humid summers, Hiroshima is rarely under snow in the dry winter and has wet summers. Famous for okonomiyaki pancakes, made with various ingredients layered on, as opposed to the mixed Osaka version of the dish. Oysters are also a speciality in Hiroshima. There is really no end to the gourmet treats that are available in the Hiroshima area and surrounding prefectures. Two famous World Heritage sites in the prefecture (A-bomb dome and Itsukushima Shrine) bring many tourists to Hiroshima. For this reason, the number of English-speaking opportunities for the average person is greater than in many areas outside of Tokyo or Osaka. For the person looking for an ALT job that is outside of the hustle and bustle of the big ciites, but who still enjoys having access to both modern and traditional Japan, Hiroshima is hard to beat as a place to live and work
Start your application today and join Interac in Chugoku and Shikoku