- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Logistics / Transportation
- Salary 250,000～500,000 JPY / Month Plus bonuses and incentives. (Incentivized compensation - the more delivered, the more earned)
- English Level Conversational Level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
This is a fun, fast-paced, active position that requires the lifting and carrying of packages that occasionally weigh as heavy a 30 kgs. Most of the work is done outdoors and no matter what the weather condition, drivers “deliver results”. Drivers interact constantly with customers throughout the day either through face-to-face contact or via mobile phone and so excellent customer skills are a must and since 99.99 percent of customers are Japanese, knowledge of the language and culture is essential. Drivers must navigate quickly and safely through some challenging streets so excellent driving skills is a requirement. Drivers deliver an average of 120 parcels daily and during the busy season this can exceed 150 and so excellent organizational skills and time management makes work life easier.
The main objective of this position is to get customers’ parcels delivered accurately, safely, on time and in a manner that meets the high standards of Japan’s service industry.
Employment status: Independent contractor
Work hours: 8:00 to 20:00 or until all parcels have been delivered. Drivers choose when to take their break time which can last anywhere from an hour to three.
Work location: Isogo-ku, Yokohama
Earning potential: This particular position is an incentivized position in which drivers earn more when they deliver more. High performing drivers earn as much as 600,000 JPY per month. We have additional incentive programs that allow drivers to earn more such as our milestones bonus system.
Valuable job skills: Do not underestimate the value of delivery technical know-how and skills in today’s post-Covid world. The delivery industry continues to grow rapidly and so the training we provide–technical and cultural–will be of real value for future job opportunities (although we would love it for you to stick around and grow our organization together).
Relatively safe work environment for the Covid-19 era: Drivers spend nearly 98 percent of work time in an environment which meets the social distance requirements–in the car, out in open space, etc. Drivers won’t have to worry about taking crowded trains each day or being forced to work in confined spaces, in close distance with others.
Opportunities for advancement: We are a relatively young company and as we continue our aggressive growth plan, we intend on (and have done so) promoting and training future managers plucked from our current roster of team members.
Basic requirements for the position are as follows:
- age 22 and above
- valid and current Japan driver’s license (automatic or manual)
- permanent resident visa (日本永住権) or spouse/dependent visa (配偶者) only
- no serious traffic violations or accidents within the past three years
- Japanese language proficiency at N3 or above; but must be able to communicate with work colleagues, customers and read names and addresses in kanji at the very least
- able to work a full five day a week schedule; may work up to 26 days per month if want to earn more
- in good physical condition and good eye sight for evening drives
- able to lift up to 30 kilograms (the overwhelming number of parcels are within the 1 to 10 kg range)
- delivery experience a plus but not necessary
- a quick learner, have a positive attitude, honest, friendly, works well with others, follows directions and not afraid of bad weather conditions
*Important note: When applying for this position, please write “Drivers License” in the title of your application to let us know that you have an active Japan driver’s license.
*Another note: because our client/partner client companies are Japanese, we also require a Japan style resume with your typical resume.
Visit our website to learn more about D2D Logis by clicking on the website link above.
We look forward to hearing from you.