- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary Between 215,000 to 240,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
About the Position
Borderlink, Inc. is now hiring Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) for positions across western Japan. You can enjoy the great food and welcoming atmosphere of the Kansai region! We have positions in cities and towns in the following areas:
Osaka – The biggest city in western Japan and a hub of modern culture and cuisine, and a must-visit (or must-live) location for all!
Kyoto – The epitome of Japan’s cultural heritage with some of the world’s most famous buildings!
Hyōgo – The western edge of Kansai is bursting with coastal views and nautical charm in many seaside cities!
Nara – The ancient capital is home to many works of antiquity as well as scenic landscapes, making it a great place to live whether you love the past or the present!
Shiga – Surrounding Lake Biwa, the largest freshwater lake in Japan, Shiga offers a laid-back lifestyle with plenty to explore, including castles and city rich in ninja history!
Positions will begin from April 2021 or later, but offers are being made today! Many of these are in high-demand areas, so we encourage you to apply today to secure work for the the next year!
A number of positions include driving, so those holding a valid Japanese Driver’s License or International Driving Permit will be given priority (if you don’t currently own a vehicle, no problem- you can lease a company car through us).
Being an ALT gives you a chance to meet new people, touch many different lives and create lifelong memories. You’ll play a vital role in the Japanese school curriculum and serve as an essential part of school life for the next generation. It’s a career path that can be as fulfilling for you as it is enriching for your students. And best of all, it’s a path open to you even if your background isn’t in education!
ALTs with Borderlink enjoy:
● Working regular school hours with free weekends, public holidays and school vacations
● Help with visa support (where applicable) & enrolling in health insurance
● An annual calendar in advance to help manage other commitments
● Paid holidays
● Year-round training
● Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources
● Relocation assistance
● Friendly support staff
● Possibility of contract renewal and/or advancement in the company based on performance and skills.
Successful candidate must:
● Already be living in Japan and hold a valid visa permitting work
● Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
● Be a native speaker of English or equivalent (you had 12 years of education where English was the main language of instruction)
● Have conversational level Japanese & able to communicate with teachers
● Be able to commit to the entire length of the contract
In addition, successful applicants should have strong verbal and written communication skills, be in good health, and be an excellent team player. As mentioned, the ability to drive in Japan is also highly sought-after and will widen your range of possibilities.
We are receiving new position information all the time and may have that area you’ve dreamed of working in. As mentioned, we’re already making offers for the 2021 school year, so don’t delay- apply today! Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. Let’s believe in your possibility together!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening can be contacted for an interview.