- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 230,000 JPY / Month There is a 100,000 yen completion bonus. Salary is negotiable based on experience with the PLS curriculum
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Covid-19 restrictions currently allow us to consider applicants located in Japan and the following foreign countries:
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- China (including Hong Kong and Macao)
Join our friendly team!
We are a well established conversation school located in the beautiful region of Tokushima, Japan. Our school had been around for some time but we are still growing with the help of our community, staff and hopefully you, as well. As a sister school of the Pacific Language School curriculum, our system has been refined in locations around the country, continuing to evolve to meet the times.
Who are we looking for?
It’s not easy to nail down exactly what kind of person we are looking for because everyone brings something unique with them. I can say that we are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to work well with a team. As a PLS instructor, you’ll have to be able capable of independently running a class. However, we’ll be there to support you. Other thing we require are:
- a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- some years of general working experience
- basic computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail).
- Certifications, actual teaching experience and Japanese ability are preferred but not required. We will train you!
- Also, you are likely to teach some of our youngest students, so the ability to sing and dance is preferred.
- Please note we will only accept applications from native-level English speakers.
Your training, which will be compensated, will begin in mid-August 2021 with your position as a full-time teacher starting in September. The position involves planning classes and teaching students from preschool to adult. Our classes are small and personal, usually from 3-6 students, so you’ll get to know them well. We also hold events at set times during the year, typically on a Sunday. We all work to make the school our own and so you’ll also have to help out with basic school maintenance tasks, as well. You’ll be working 40 hours a week (approx. 25 teaching), Tuesday to Saturday. We ask for a minimum of two years commitment though will renew the contract annually.
- You will be starting at 230,000yen/month. This is consistent between months so you don’t have to worry about the long school holidays affecting your budget.
- An additional 100,000 will be paid on completion of the first year. We offer compensated training and plenty of school holidays.
- As stated earlier, we will train you and support you as you become a great PLS instructor. We typically also send our teachers to Osaka for additional training seminars 3 times a year, although this will be modified to be more friendly to Covid restricitons.
- We have access to affordable housing and would act as your guarantor. While the school does not cover your monthly rent or deposit, we do provide the initial key money for the school-recommended accommodation. The cost of living in Tokushima is relatively low. You would have to be comfortable living in a smaller city though the community and the environment here are beautiful. Here’s a little video about Shikoku, the island of which Tokushima is part of:
We appreciate applications made via the Jobs in Japan system. However, if you have trouble registering or prefer to contact us directly, you can email us at [email protected] with your CV, a cover letter, a recent photograph and availability attached. Please address to Ghen-ki Tseng and state “JOB APPLICATION” in the subject field. Please note that due to server issues on our end, we are unable to respond to any ‘@yahoo.com’ e-mail addresses.