- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 250,000-300,000 JPY / Month Depending on experience, skill and enthusiasm,
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
We are a well established English School/Eikaiwa in Yokohama since 2000. We have built a reputation for developing friendly and adaptive learning environments for our students.
– Classes –
Our teachers work up to 30 teaching hrs/wk plus prep and development for a 40 hour total work week. Currently the position requires @25 teaching hours per week but this will hopefully be increased to 30 teaching hours per week.
The students are age and or level matched. And yes, we do listen when our teachers say a student really doesn’t fit!
We are constantly developing our curriculum and hope to have someone join the team who can enjoy using and adding to it. In addition, we offer some custom classes requiring specific curriculum and teaching challenges such as pre-travel, kids catch-up, game time, etc. Come join teachers and staff that are getting students talking!
– Hours –
Work hours: Weekdays from 12 – 10pm. Saturday 9am -6pm.
Work days: 5 days a week Tuesday to Saturday.
– Transportation –
Transportation reimbursed up to 10,000 yen / month.
Applicants living within an easily accessible distance preferred.
-Training, hours and benefits-
2+ weeks of class by class familiarization with the outgoing teacher, plus specific curriculum familiarization time.
Training is paid at ￥1000/hr. Transportation while training paid up to 500 yen / day.
– Applications and Interview schedule –
Please send us your resume with a cover letter outlining why you would like to work with us, what you hope to bring to the position and why you enjoy teaching in Japan or would like to have the opportunity to do so..
Interviews will be held at the soonest convenience.
– Requirements –
* An enthusiastic communicator who enjoys the challenges of working with kids.
* Native English speaker from a native English speaking country.
* Experience with early childhood teaching.
* A university / college degree and/or training in ESL / TESL / TESOL.
* Live within 1hr by public transport.
* A passion to teach, develop and give your students the effort they deserve.
– Preferred Personality –
Warm, friendly and open.
Communicative and able to give quick overviews of kids classes to parents on a regular basis.
Classes range from kindy kids to adult conversation with the focus on kids classes. So, a motivated, flexible and independent teacher who enjoys working with and developing young minds and mature learners alike will enjoy the position.
– Interested? –
We look forward to interviewing some very talented people who would like to join us and our students.