- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 1,200 - 1,600 JPY / Hour depending on experience
- English Level Conversational Level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
We believe that safety and kindness come first. Always.
Do you agree? Are you creative, collaborative and warm? Then our small, diverse and friendly team needs you! Join us in our mission to raise kind and independent children in a fun, safe and loving space.
Ryozan Park offers unique, intimate workspaces – one of which features an excellent English preschool – accommodation including a high-end 41-bedroom share house and a variety of event spaces all within a welcoming and lively community. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our members by facilitating the exchange of ideas, culture, and friendship through village-style interaction.
Position: Support Teacher
Location: Otsuka station on Yamanote line, Tokyo
Schedule: Weekdays 14:00 – 17:30
Start date: Immediate
Contract term: until March 2022 *renewable
Vacation: Saturday, Sunday, National holidays, seasonal vacation according to the school calendar
Salary: 1,200yen ～ 1,600 yen per hour depending on experience and ability
Note: A complete entry-level beginner would start at 1,200 yen whereas an experienced support teacher who can do lunchtime and toilet time/ nappy changes etc., and whose English is advanced enough to plan and lead classes would get 1,600 yen. (Rate to be revised as beginner acquires skills).
- Support lead teachers in the classroom with song, creative play, media and art
- Create and maintain a safe and welcoming learning environment
- Demonstrate and teach age-appropriate social skills and interactions
- Monitor children’s progress and communicate it to management throughout the year
- Assist Japanese teachers with daycare duties outside of lesson time such as lunch and outdoor excursions, toilet time, and helping students to change clothes etc.
- Collaborate with other educators to provide an exemplary school experience
- Helping to keep the school well organised, tidy and clean
- Conversational English
- Have the passion and patience required for working with small children
- Willing to undertake and apply training
- Communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Valid working VISA
- Application period and screening
- 1st round interview in our office in Tokyo or online
- Second round interview at the school (this will be the final interview)
We look forward to hearing from you.
*Only successful candidates will be contacted.