- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 230,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Tree House English seeks FULL TIME NATIVE TEACHERS in Kitasenju branch, excellent working hours and 5 weeks paid holidays per year.
Tree House English (http://www.tree-house-english.jp) has been providing quality English education to Tokyo-area students for 30 years. The ideal candidate for this position is enthusiastic, personable, passionate about teaching, and interested in Japanese culture. We encourage our teachers to fully enjoy and benefit from their time here in Japan.
Teachers find working at our school interesting and fulfilling as we offer classes with young children to high school students giving you a nice variety every day. Therefore, an interest in teaching children and young adults is a must.
Our teachers work with a set curriculum, and materials are provided, but we also allow our teachers a lot freedom in planning and creating unique and fun lessons.
As we are a small school, we are very careful about the teachers we employ to maintain Tree House English’s standard of English Education.
Salary & Benefits:
• 230,000 yen per month for experienced teachers and 5 days per week
• A furnished apartment is provided (and the company pays 70% of the rent and 30% of the electricity bill)
• Transportation costs are covered by the school
• 5 weeks paid holidays per year (spring break, golden week, summer break and winter break)
• The apartment is located within walking distance of Kitasenju Station, Tokyo
*We can provide the working visa
• Must be a native-level English speaker
• Be passionate about working with children and young adults
• Previous teaching experience in Japan (preferred but not essential)
• Must be organized, detail oriented and willing to lead classes on their own
• Must present themselves in a professional manner
• Applicant must have a university degree (this is a requirement for the working visa)
There are 22 teaching hours per week. The classes are held on Monday to Friday, afternoons to evenings.
However, for the time being you are free to pursue other part time work if you wish as long as it does not interfere with your contracted hours. Class locations are all within close proximity to the apartment so minimal travel time is required during the week.
This position offers great work-life balance and a relaxed and fun working environment in the heart of Tokyo
If you are interested please send your resume, a cover letter and a recent photo.