- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 270,000 JPY Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- University graduate with at least a bachelor’s degree (in any subject)
- Hold a valid residence/visa status and possess a valid Residence Card
- Has had at least 12 years of education where the language of instruction was English
- Professional in all aspects of behavior, a team player, flexible, cheerful, and energetic
- Hold a valid *Japanese* driver’s license and is willing to drive
Interac Group has nearly 3,000 teachers in more than 2.1 million English classes in over 7,000 elementary, junior high, and high schools throughout Japan. Let’s be honest – sometimes things don’t always go to plan. That’s where you would come in…
When the Interac Group ALT, who is usually assigned to a school, is absent for an extended period, we send in the Relief Teachers. These are our super teachers who are ready to step in a moment’s notice to save the day, week, month, or in some cases, the year.
Interac’s Kita Kanto Branch is looking for a teacher with experience in elementary, junior high, and high school classrooms and who are incredibly flexible to enter a potentially high-pressure environment and deal professionally with uncertainty starting September 2021. Travel and accommodation expenses are covered by the Interac branch to which they are assigned.
This kind of work takes a special teacher, but it is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to explore more of Japan and has a ‘see where this road takes me’ attitude. One week you could be in the heart of the city of Sapporo teaching with various multimedia, and the very next week, you could be commencing a three-month assignment near the mountains in Hokkaido
Regardless, Relief Teachers maintain a healthy work-life balance as they generally work from Monday to Friday with classes scheduled between 8 am and 5 pm. You may be required to work outside these hours/days to travel for deployment from time to time. Otherwise, you can enjoy weekends and national holidays as well as breaks in winter, spring, and summer.
Due to the varying nature of the assignments, it is expected that our Relief Teachers will be experienced teachers who can deliver a meaningful lesson in elementary, junior high, or high schools with little information or preparation. A driver’s license that allows them to drive in Japan is also required.
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!