- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 3,000,000 JPY Year
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Come and join our international team of fun-loving and talented teachers!
INCL English School is recruiting a full time native English teacher to join our team in early January or February 2021. If you are looking for a new opportunity in Japan that is creative, engaging and impactful, look no further than INCL!
INCL has been providing English language lessons for over 18 years within Shizuoka prefecture. Our main office is located in Hamamatsu city with schools throughout surrounding cities.
We offer a variety of lessons and programs for all ages from baby to adulthood. Our mission is to provide an authentic English experience for our students. To do this we hire teachers from all over the world! In the past, we’ve had teachers from the US, UK, Canada and even New Zealand!
Our philosophy is “Let’s make learning English fun!”, and that is what we strive for every day. By creating fun, safe and engaging environments for our students, we are able to effectively teach useful, real life English!
Do you need to have prior teaching experience?
All new teachers will receive two months of comprehensive, hands on training – this means no prior training or experience is required. We make sure every teacher is readily equipped with the knowledge and skills to provide a quality and engaging lesson.
What to expect:
- Typical responsibilities include: Conducting English classes, collaborating on the development of teaching materials, helping to plan and participate in school events and activities (like Halloween parties and field trips).
- Native teachers and Japanese teachers switch week by week. There is only one teacher leading a class for a given week. So for example, if there are 4 Mondays in a month, the native teacher will teach the class the 1st week and 3rd week while the Japanese teacher will go the 2nd and 4th week. Students will get to know both teachers equally since there is no assistant teacher.
- Class Size: You can expect class sizes to be between 2-6 students. Our classes have a maximum capacity of 6 students.
- Working Hours: INCL has classes Monday through Saturday. Teachers will usually work 5 days a week, while being off every Sunday and 1 other day. (Ex: Work Mon.-Wed. and Fri.-Sat. | Off Sun. and Thu.)
Weekday hours are typically 1:30pm-10:00pm or 10:00am-7:00pm with a lunch/dinner break depending on the teacher’s class schedule. Saturday hours are 9:00am-5:00pm with a lunch break.
Teachers may also participate in occasional special events held on Saturdays or Sundays including field trips, school openings, parties etc.
- Traveling: We have schools throughout Shizuoka prefecture. We ask our teachers to first report to the main office in Hamamatsu, then drive to your assigned school for the day. The average driving time to our schools is around 30 minutes.
What makes us different:
- A Small but Growing Business: INCL is a smaller business compared to other larger national schools out there. This means we treat our teachers not only as a valued employee, but also as family. All staff at INCL work closely together to help improve the school and create a better environment for students.
- Not Just a Teaching Job: We promote a culture where teachers can grow and develop new skills not only for the business, but also for themselves. There will be many opportunities at your disposal such as graphic design, video editing, social media managing, web development and more!
- Our Curriculum & Lesson Plans: At INCL, we provide teachers with the lesson plan and materials for every monthly topic. This means less time creating, but more time improving our lessons for our students!
Qualifications / Requirements
- Educational level: Bachelor’s Degree
- This position is only available to Native-level English speakers who meet the highest standards of fluency. Only applicants who have primary education in English from K-12 will be considered.
- Japanese proficiency is not required. However, a willingness to learn is greatly appreciated. Japanese will be very useful when communicating with parents and students from time to time. As well as in your life outside of INCL!
- No prior professional teaching experience is required, but any experience working with children is a huge bonus. Most of our students are children between the ages of 4-14, so any prior experience will be beneficial to your performance.
- Driver’s License: Since all teachers will be asked to drive to various schools, it is a requirement for you to have either a Japanese driver’s license, an international driver’s permit, or a valid driver’s license from your home country. If you don’t have a Japanese driver’s license, we will help you with the process of obtaining one after arriving in Japan.
- The most important qualification is a positive attitude and willingness to learn. We can train you in teaching techniques but we can’t train you to be cheerful, warm and patient with students. You must be outgoing and passionate during class in order to expect the same from your students!
- Starting salary of ￥3,000,000. (￥250,000 / month)
- Bonus at the completion of 1 year (about ￥100,000)
- During the training period (first 1-2 months) the salary will be 70% of the starting salary.
- Visa Sponsorship
- Health Insurance (INCL covers half the cost)
- National pension
- Annual raise
- Paid leave
- Company car: All native teachers will receive a company car for traveling to our schools. The car can also be used in your off hours for running errands or visiting with friends! Not only that, but INCL will cover your insurance, maintenance and even reimburse you for all the gas you used for work. Having a car to use outside of work will help you save time traveling around and will allow to enjoy Japan to the fullest!
Life in Hamamatsu
INCL is located in south central Japan in Hamamatsu city located in Shizuoka Prefecture. Shizuoka is famous for Mt.Fuji, natural hot springs and green tea. Hamamatsu city is the largest city in Shizuoka prefecture. It is a very affordable part of Japan, with the cost of living much lower than in larger cities. It has a small town, easy-going, hospitable vibe, with all of the convenience and excitement of a big city.
Hamamatsu has a little bit of everything to suit your tastes. You can find miles of beaches, a large beautiful lake, mountains and rivers to explore, and plenty of downtown shopping and eating. If you’re more interested in traveling around Japan, the Shinkansen (bullet train) stops at Hamamatsu station. Meaning you will be able to get to cities like Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya within an hour and a half!
For more information about Hamamatsu visit: https://www.inhamamatsu.com/
If you want to hear more information, check out the following video to hear from one of our own teachers about his time at INCL.
We are looking forward to your application. Please review the above requirements/qualifications before submitting your resume/cover letter. We ask all applicants interested to also submit a photo of yourself with your resume; this is customary in Japan. Confirm that your contact information is up-to-date so we can reach you easily.
For more information about INCL English School please visit our website: http://www.incl-i.jp/