- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 275,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
– University graduate with a bachelor’s and/or more advanced degree, plus one of the following:
a) experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment, along with a teaching certificate (TEFL/TESL/TESOL) and/or teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary)
b) 1000+ hours of EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates, credentials or qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
We are now recruiting instructors for the Spring 2021 term.
***** UNIVERSITY PROGRAM *****
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at universities in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills.
We are accepting applications from overseas and from inside Japan for in-class teaching positions in the University Program, Young Learners English Program, and Secondary School English Program.
Due to the prolonged effects of the Covid-19 situation, Westgate needs to be flexible regarding the type of teaching we are able to provide. Based on societal needs and/or those of our client schools, lessons in the University Program might be delivered on campus, online, or perhaps even a combination of the two. There may even be a possibility of instructors being asked to be present on campus to deliver
Classes in the Young Learners Program, and Secondary School English Program will initially be held at school, but they may request some online classes (either at schools or at home).
Therefore, we are looking for applicants who would be willing to work on campus and/or remotely if needed.
In order to be able to teach for Westgate online, you would need to meet the following requirements.
– Internet speed of 1.5Mbps (=1500Kbps) or faster, 3Mbps or faster preferred
– Microsoft Windows 10
– May 2019 Update  (or newer); or Apple macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (or newer) (If you are using another OS, you would be asked to check with us to confirm whether it is ok or not)
– Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome; or Apple Safari 13 (or newer)
– Valid and active anti-virus software
– Web camera and microphone
– Adobe Acrobat Reader D
* You would also need to agree to install applications that are required by Westgate. If an applicant does not meet the requirements above, we may not be able to make a hiring decision.
For more information, please read the ‘Application Information for the Spring 2021 Term’ from the link below.
2) CONTRACT PERIOD:
– Spring Term
Extra-Curricular Courses: April/May to late July (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: March/April to late July (approx. 3-5 months)
– Fall Term
Extra-Curricular Courses: September to December (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: September to December/January (approx. 3-5 months)
Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
– Approximately 260,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience
– Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
– Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
– HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
– WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
– RENEWABLE contract.
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates with the following background and experience:
– Master’s degree or higher
– Total 3 years’ experience (6 or more terms/semesters) in teaching at university/community college (all subjects)
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students’ lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
Find out more about Westgate at https://www.westgatejapan.com/
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.