- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 200,000~250,000 JPY Month Negotiable
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Native
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Marie International School is looking for a homeroom/subject teacher for our Primary department in Aoyama. We especially welcome bilingual Japanese teachers who can teach Japanese.
We seek teachers, capable of the following:
– Plan, prepare, and deliver engaging lessons to students
– Have good classroom management skills, providing a safe and fun learning environment.
– Expand upon the school’s curriculum with original ideas and activities.
– Assign, correct, and mark students’ work
– Assess, record, and report students’ progress
– Carry out homeroom duties
– Participate actively in parent-teacher meetings
– Carry out other related activities and responsibilities
– Plan events (e.g. Sports day, Summer School, Halloween Party)
– Develop curriculum for after-school programs.
- Must be fluent in Japanese and English.
- Must currently reside near Tokyo.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in teaching children.
- Must be comfortable communicating with staff and organizing work
- Better to have: Work experience at an international schools, especially in the IB Curicculum
- Better to have: Teaching certification
Compensation and Benefits
– Salary is competitive and will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
– Benefits include housing support, health insurance, 10 days paid leave, 5 days sick leave, relocation allowance, and tuition waivers for dependent children, as well as visa sponsorship.
Probation period will depend on experience and/or certifications.