- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Tourism / Travel / Hospitality
- Salary 15,000 yen per camp day for Ski Leaders with ski instruction qualifications (7,500 yen per training day). 12,000 yen per camp day for Ski Leaders without qualifications (6,700 yen per training day). JPY Day
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
English Adventure, the leader in English-language outdoor programs in Japan, is hiring for our upcoming Winter Ski Camp 2021!
Ski Leader Job Description
This is a hybrid position, in which you will be a Ski instructor to a group of seven to ten kids during the day and a Room Leader the remaining time. Outside of our ski activities, you will supervise campers to ensure their entire camp experience is safe, fun, and memorable. You may lead campers who speak near-native English, or who are still learning English. For all campers, the ski camp is a chance to practice and improve their skiing abilities as well as their English with your help.
Camp is hard work! We support the campers from morning until night, but you’ll have support staff around you, and some good breaks to make sure that you stay energized and are having fun too.
We are seeking hard-working, fun, and energetic English-speaking staff of any nationality.
PLEASE NOTE: English Adventure is a 100% nonsmoking workplace. Please do not apply if you cannot abide by the nonsmoking rule.
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all training and all camp days. Please check the dates below.
- A very confident high-level skiing ability and willingness to learn ski instructing techniques
- A strong desire to help kids have a blast and make the most of their camp experience
- For domestic applicants, a visa that allows you to work in Japan (work permit for Student visa holders and special permission for Instructor visa holders)
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Ski instructor experience and/or certification
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Japanese language ability
- Teaching/leadership experience in outdoor settings
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
Winter Ski Camp 2020 Schedule
- December 18-21: Onsite Training (departure from Shinjuku to the campsite on December 17 evening)
- December 26-30/27-30: Session 1 (we will have a 4 day and a 5 day camp)
- January 3-6: Session 2 (this will be a 4 day camp)
- Location: Tsunan, Niigata
– 15,000 yen per camp day for Ski Leaders with ski instruction qualifications (7,500 yen per training day).
– 12,000 yen per camp day for Ski Leaders without qualifications (6,700 yen per training day).
– 10,000 yen per camp day for Support Staff and Drivers (6,700 yen per training day).
- Reimbursement of transportation expenses from Tokyo to the campsite provided (please contact us for other parts of Japan)
English Adventure will provide training, paid at a reduced rate, prior to each camp. Attendance is mandatory for all staff. Our professional training is designed to make camps run smoothly, ensure the safety of our campers and staff, and will ensure you have the confidence necessary to have a great experience throughout the winter.
For domestic staff, if you hold a visa that requires special separate permission to work from Immigration (Instructor visa, Student visa and Dependent visa), please understand that you should obtain that before applying.
Please visit our website to learn more about us and to apply:
We are looking forward to learning more about why you would make a great addition to the English Adventure team. Fill out our short application form online and we will be able to set up an interview with you soon!
After applying – what happens next?
Once you apply, we will review your application. If your application passes screening, we will be contacting you through emails from BambooHR (our hiring software) , so please check your inbox to make sure our emails do not get lost in your Spam/Trash/Updates/Social folders.