- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary Between 220,000 to 245,000 JPY Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Come teach in Hyogo & experience some of the best of Japan’s west! Borderlink, Inc. is now seeking enthusiastic and dedicated teachers to work at public elementary and junior high schools in Kasai City, Hyogo. This position is available for those looking to start immediately, so apply today! For those living elsewhere in Japan and interested in relocating to Hyogo, we are able to assist you with the moving process. Please read on for more information!
Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) work alongside Japanese teachers to make English lessons fun and engaging for the students. Practicing grammar and vocabulary, participating in games and activities to reinforce the lesson’s goals and communicating with students both inside and outside of the classroom are all part of a day’s work for ALTs.
● Location: Kasai City, Hyogo
● Contract Period: Immediate to March 24th, 2022
● Contract Type: Monthly (Full-Time)
● Level: Elementary and junior high schools
● Working Hours: Between 8:00 am to 16:30 pm
● Salary range: Between 220,000 yen to 245,000 yen (monthly rate)
● This position includes enrollment in Social Insurance
● This position includes partial reimbursement for moving expenses
● Driving is strongly recommended for this position; see below for details
Successful candidates must possess the following:
● Valid work visa (eligible to work in Japan; we are unable to accept Tourist/Temporary visas)● University graduate with bachelor’s degree or higher (any field) ● 12 years of education where English was the medium of instruction (all subjects) ● Strong verbal and written communication skills ● Highly motivated, outgoing and friendly ● Are in good health and able to fulfill the contract ● Can develop lesson plans according to the curriculum ● Enthusiastic about teaching English & can conduct lessons in a professional manner ● For those living in the area, schools in this position are accessible by bicycle if you don’t mind a long commute. We strongly recommend using a car, particularly in the winter. Candidates holding a valid Japanese Driver’s License or International Driving Permit are welcome to apply. Those who do not own a vehicle can lease a company car from us.
Being an ALT lets you work regular school hours on weekdays, leaving your evenings and weekends free. National holidays and school vacation periods are all yours to enjoy. But that’s just the beginning. ALTs with Borderlink enjoy:
● Assistance with visa sponsorship/renewal (where applicable)
● Continual Training (both before starting and annually during your time with us)
● Access to teaching materials including worksheets and flashcards
● Help with relocation & finding housing if you’re looking to move
● Round-the-clock support for your work/life needs
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● A yearly calendar/schedule to help manage your other commitments
● After completing the contract, those who wish to stay with us get priority for future positions
[About Kasai City (兵庫県加西市)]
Located in south-central Hyogo, the city of Kasai offers much for those seeking a quieter side of the Kansai region. Known for its beautiful flower gardens and idyllic scenery, it’s a pleasantly green city nestled among scenic mountains. The major cities of Kobe and Himeiji are accessible by public transport, but driving is encouraged to quickly navigate the city and surrounding areas. There are many unique sites to see- from the Gohyaku-Rakan statues (the 500 disciples of Buddha) to the elegant Hokkesan Ichijō-ji temple, history is to be found everywhere throughout the city. In a region rich in history, culture and cuisine, Kasai is fantastic place to live and work.
We are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the business week, and welcome applicants from all over Japan. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
▲PLEASE NOTE: as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.