- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 240,000 JPY Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
With over 100,000 students and more than 1,300 classrooms nationwide, Peppy Kids Club is one of the largest English language schools in Japan. If you are interested in teaching in Japan and you enjoy working with children then Peppy Kids Club may be the right employment opportunity for you.
We are seeking applicants to fill positions based in Mie Prefecture. There are openings in Kuwana City, Tsu City, Matsuzaka City, and Nabari City. Successful applicants will teach at a variety of locations in/near one of the above locations as well as other parts of the prefecture.
At Peppy Kids Club, our mission is to provide S.A.F.E. (Safe, Affectionate, Fun and Educational) lessons to every student in every class. The core qualities that we seek in applicants include:
・Reliable and responsible
・Cheerful and enthusiastic
・Highly motivated to teach children
・Customer service orientated
We teach children exclusively! Our students are between the ages of 2 and 13 years old. Our focus is English communication and internationalism. Our lessons are designed to be fun and interactive and include singing, dancing, and other games and activities to reinforce our lesson objectives. We are very proud of our lessons. Our curriculum team creates and develops the lesson content and our classrooms are well-stocked with a variety of teaching materials.
Working with children, while stimulating and rewarding, is also physically and mentally demanding.
- Native English Speakers
- Posses a valid Japanese visa (with working permission) or visa eligibility (sponsorship available)
- Experience teaching and working with children a plus
- Reside in/near a location where a teacher is needed or be willing to relocate
- Overseas applicants welcome
Teachers are scheduled to teach at 4 different classrooms each month, spending 1-week at each classroom. Teachers commute to the classrooms by public transportation. Lessons usually start in the afternoon or early evening. Lessons typically begin at 3:45pm or 5:00pm and may finish as late as 9:45pm. Teachers are usually scheduled to teach 3 to 4 lessons per day.
Our teachers work independently at each classroom location and are responsible for teaching the lessons as well as the welfare of each student. Each student attends a 1-hour lesson once a week. Each month, three of their lessons are taught by a Japanese teacher and the fourth lesson is taught by a Native English teacher. The average class size is approximately 6-10 students. Bilingual support from our Head Office is available if needed.
- All new teachers participate in a comprehensive 2-week paid training session to learn our curriculum and to develop teaching skills that are required in the classroom.
- The starting salary is ￥240,000 per month. Non-working visa holders may be offered a different compensation package.
- An annual performance-based bonus of up to ￥80,000 (increases with tenure) is available.
- The monthly commuting costs are fully reimbursed.
- 10 paid vacation days during the first year of employment
- Health insurance subsidy
After training, teachers move to their placement locations and begin teaching at their assigned classrooms. Teachers who require housing are assigned to a semi-furnished, single occupancy, company apartment.
We provide visa sponsorship for eligible candidates. A bachelor degree or higher from a recognized university is necessary to be eligible for a sponsored working visa (Engineer/ Specialist in Humanities/ International Services).
Opportunities for advancement are available to standout teachers.