- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥2,000 ~ ¥2,400 / Hour
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
- Native (or native-level) English speakers
- Culturally sensitive, professional, and have excellent communication skills
- Interested in and passionate about teaching children (mainly students under 12 years old)
- Can easily build a rapport with young students and their families
- Are CURRENTLY living in Japan, have permission to work and can attend interviews in Osaka
Benesse BE studio is looking for teachers who have great passion for working with children.
If you enjoy having fun with children, or being part of witnessing their growth and development, BE studio may be a good place for you.
■About BE studio
BE studio values students’ "BE YOURSELF" and "WANT TO BE".
We believe that every student is different, and that there are 100 different stories in our classroom for 100 students. BE studio aims to support the development of our students, to be able to work together with people from all over the world, where they can create new values through collaboration and communication that involves not only language, but also their “will” and “heart”.
■Why BE Studio
・Children focused program: fun and exciting work environment
・Ownership: depending on the program, you will have a fixed schedule, supporting the same groups of students all year long.
・Work hours: Lessons normally end around 18:00-19:00*.
・Professional development: workshops available every month, assigned trainer and / or mentor per teacher.
・Exciting events: e.g. English concerts welcome thousands of students to sing, dance, and have a great time, summer English camps etc.
・Bilingual HQ staff members
■Compensation / work schedule
・Contract type: Part Time
We are currently accepting applications for both contract types)
・Compensation (depending on one's experience, ability and certification)
Part Time A: up to 14,000 yen / day
Part Time B; between 2,000 and 2,400 yen/ teaching hour (can start from one day / week)
・ Work hours: lessons are generally between 10:00-19:30*
・Work days**: mainly Tuesday to Saturday.
* work schedules may vary according to the classroom
**some classrooms have Monday classes.
Annual assessment and contract renewal are conducted between February and April every year.
■ Job Details
・Prepare for the lessons (set up the classroom, review lesson plans, clean up materials)
・Deliver 40 or 60 minute group lessons (maximum of 8 students / class)
・Work together with school staff to provide high quality lessons and customer service.
・Deliver special lessons and participate in seasonal events
・All lesson plans will be provided and related materials will be ready at each school location.