- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥1,500 ~ ¥1,700 / Hour (Negotiable)
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
- We are looking for someone that has the heart of a teacher; someone who is motivated by seeing children grow and learn from you, not just in English, but in all areas of development. Someone who believes in children's potential and will do what's best for them, and of course, love receiving smiles and hugs!
- Your application must contain a response to the following question:
What is your favourite part of you?
Green Tree English (GTE) was founded in 2017 in Nishi-Tokyo and offers students a different way of learning English. We are a mix of an international school and an eikaiwa. We teach children from ages 0-12. GTE is known for its unique atmosphere, creative crafts, exciting experiments, fun lessons, teachers that care and effective teaching.
Our school has grown over the last five years and we are looking for energetic, fun and responsible individuals to welcome to our team. Student age ranges run from 2-10; classes are small. Some classes are solo teaching and others are team teaching.
The position is a part-time position, and runs from 1 PM to 5 PM Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and 9:30 AM - 6 PM on Saturday. We are flexible, however, and would be open to different schedules for the right candidate.
GTE is a small school, but the opportunities for growth are great.
- 1500-1700 hourly rate, negotiable, dependent on your qualifications and capability.
- Training will be provided.
- As the school is growing, there is the possibility of additional hours in the future if desired.
- Opportunity for promotion as the school expands.
- If you have children, they may be able to attend classes at the school for free.
- Transportation allowance up to 10,000 yen a month.
- Work visa renewal is possible.
- Non-corporate business atmosphere. A friendly and fun work environment.
- Native English skills are required. As you will be speaking to children in Japanese as well, conversational Japanese ability is required.
- Reside around/near Nishi-Tokyo area, or be willing to relocate within Japan.
- Legal right to work in Japan; valid work visa.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Safety-minded: You will need to ensure the children are always in a safe situation.
- Teaching experience is welcome, but not required.
If Green Tree English sounds like the place you want to be, please contact us! Thank you for your time in checking out this listing and we hope to hear from you soon!
Tanashi-chou 3-7-34 1F